Jonathan Brown (footballer born 1990)
|Full name||Jonathan Brown|
|Date of birth||24 April 1990|
|Place of birth||South Africa|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Current club||Brechin City|
|2007–2011||Heart of Midlothian||0||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Livingston (loan)||16||(1)|
|2010–2011||→ Stirling Albion (loan)||18||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Having come through the youth team ranks at Heart of Midlothian, Brown joined Livingston on a season-long loan in August 2009 and whilst at the club scored his first Scottish League goal in January 2010 against Elgin City. He ended the season with a Third Division Championship medal.
The following season he joined Stirling Albion, again for a season-long loan, but this time at First Division level. The season finished disappointingly with relegation as the club finished bottom of the table.
Brown has represented Scotland at under-16, under-17 and under-19 levels. He was last capped at under-19 international level, playing in the 2009 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship elite qualification. He is also eligible to represent South Africa at international level.
- "Burnley secure Livingston youth". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 30 August 2009. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "Livingston full-back Jonathan Brown stunned at glory winner". West Lothian Courier. 28 January 2010. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "SPL Ins and Outs". The Scotsman. 24 August 2010. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "Brown joins Livingston". Livingston Fc. July 8, 2011. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- "Johnny Brown". Brechin City F.C. Retrieved June 25, 2013.
- "Jonathan helps Scots get off to a flier". Heart of Midlothian FC. 28 May 2009. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- "Round-up of South Africans abroad". Kickoff. 14 October 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.