|Full name||Jonathan Bru|
|Date of birth||2 May 1985|
|Place of birth||Neuilly-sur-Seine, France|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|Current club||Melbourne Victory|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 January 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Neuilly-sur-Seine, Bru played youth football at CS Brétigny, INF Clairefontaine, and Stade Rennais FC. He began his professional career with the latter, making only one Ligue 1 appearance in two full seasons combined.
Cyprus / Portugal
After one season with AEP Paphos F.C. in the Cypriot First Division, Bru joined Académica de Coimbra in Portugal, appearing in only four official matches in his first season in the Primeira Liga. On 26 July 2010, he signed a one-year deal with Liga de Honra side U.D. Oliveirense, scoring his first goal for his new club on 23 October in a 1–1 home draw against S.C. Freamunde.
Bru represented France in almost every youth team, but never made an appearance for the senior side. In June 2009, he told Mauritian newspaper L'Express that he hoped to play one day for Mauritius, since both of his parents were born in the country. The dream became a reality when Mauritius head coach Akbar Patel called him to the squad for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign.
Bru made his debut in a 1–3 defeat at the hands of the Cameroon national football team, scoring the national team's goal through a penalty kick. His second goal came on 5 June 2011 against DR Congo, also for the CAN qualifiers and from the penalty spot.
- As of 5 June 2011
|1.||4 September 2010||Belle Vue Harel, Mauritius||Cameroon||1–3||Loss||2012 CAN qualification|
|2.||5 June 2011||Belle Vue Harel, Mauritius||Congo DR||1–2||Loss||2012 CAN qualification|
Bru's younger brother, Kévin, is also a footballer and a midfielder. He spent his career in the French lower leagues, and also represented Mauritius internationally.
- "Bru is the further strengthening of the UDO". UD Oliveirense. 26 July 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "Oliveirense 1 - Freamunde 1" (in Portuguese). LPFP. 23 October 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- "The Franco-Mauritian Moreirense scored the winning goal against the Oliveirense, he represented the club last season". Blogoio. 3 October 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- "Victory down under for Mauritius star Bru". BBC Sport. 23 June 2012.
- "Jonathan Bru, young footballer: "I dream of playing for Club M"". L'Express. 29 June 2009. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "Five expatriates called". Le Mauricien. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- Victory sign Mauritius international Bru; Sidney Morning Herald, 20 June 2012
- Melbourne Victory profile
- Jonathan Bru French league stats at LFP.fr (French)
- Stats and profile at Zerozero
- Stats at ForaDeJogo
- Jonathan Bru at National-Football-Teams.com