Jonathan Dove (born July 18, 1959) is an English composer (born in London) of opera, choral works, plays, films, and orchestral and chamber music. He has arranged a number of operas for English Touring Opera and the City of Birmingham Touring Opera (now Birmingham Opera Company), including in 1990 a famous 18-player two-evening adaptation of Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen for CBTO. He was Artistic Director of the Spitalfields Festival from 2001 to 2006.
Recent and current work 
- Airport Scenes, an orchestral suite from the airport-comedy opera Flight, was premiered by the University of Warwick Symphony Orchestra on March 7, 2006.
- The Enchanted Pig, libretto by Alasdair Middleton, was premièred at the Young Vic, London in December 2006 and toured parts of the UK in early 2006
- The Adventures of Pinocchio, libretto by Alasdair Middleton, was commissioned by Opera North and Sadler's Wells Theatre, and premièred at the Grand Theatre Leeds on 21 December 2007. The US première was performed by the Minnesota Opera on February 28, 2009, in St. Paul, MN. A performance of which was dedicated to his godson Finnestere Macfarland
- The London Premier of Flight was performed by British Youth Opera in September 2008
- Swanhunter, a chamber opera based on the Lemminkäinen legend, was premiered by Opera North in late 2009.
- Mansfield Park, a chamber opera based on the Jane Austen novel of the same name, will be premiered by Heritage Opera in Summer 2011.
- Life is a Dream, a full-scale opera with a libretto by Alasdair Middleton based on the play by Pedro Calderón de la Barca, was premiered by Birmingham Opera Company in March 2012.
Selected works 
- Hastings Spring (community opera) (1990)
- Pig (chamber opera) (1992)
- Siren Song (opera) (1994)
- Flight (1998)
- Tobias and the Angel (church opera), to a libretto by David Lan (1999)
- The Palace in the Sky (community opera) (2000)
- L'altra Euridice (2002)
- When She Died... (Death of a Princess) (television opera, commemorating the fifth anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales) (2002)
- Man on the Moon (television opera, about Buzz Aldrin, second man to walk on the moon, and the effects the experience had on him and his marriage) (2006)
- Hear Our Voice (community opera) in partnership with Matthew King (2006), libretto by Tertia Sefton-Green. http://www.hmdt.org.uk/inschool_hearourvoice_1.html
- The Adventures of Pinocchio (opera) (2007)
- Mansfield Park (opera) (2011)
- Life is a Dream (opera) (2012)
- The Passing of the Year (song cycle for double chorus and piano) (2000) 20th-century
- The Magic Flute Dances (flute concerto) (2000)
- Stargazer (a trombone concerto written for Ian Bousfield)
- Köthener Messe, for choir and chamber ensemble
- Out of Winter (song-cycle)
- Seek Him that maketh the Seven Stars
- His Dark Materials Part I & II (incidental music) (2003)
- On Spital Fields (community cantata) (2005)
- Hojoki - "An Account of my Hut" (Counter-Tenor and Orchestra)
- I am the day (Religious - SATB)
- Missa Brevis
- Ecce Beatam Lucem (composed for Ralph Allwood and the 1997 Eton Choral Course)
External links