|Full name||Jonathan Ian Franks|
|Date of birth||8 April 1990|
|Place of birth||Stockton-on-Tees, England|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Striker / Winger|
|Current club||Hartlepool United|
|2011||→ Oxford United (loan)||1||(0)|
|2012||→ Yeovil Town (loan)||14||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:16, 18 January 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Franks began his football career when he joined Middlesbrough academy and impressed the reserves side which led rewarded with a professional contract in 2009.
After featured in the pre-season friendly, Franks began to play in the first team. He scored his first goal for Middlesbrough against Doncaster Rovers on 26 January 2010. He added his second on 23 March 2010, against Preston North End and added his third on 5 April 2010, against Plymouth Argyle.
Franks missed the start of the 2010/11 season due to surgery on a recurring back injury that troubled him in the previous season. His injury causing him to miss a chance to join Bournemouth on loan following a training ground incident
Oxford United (loan)
On 31 August 2011 Franks signed on loan for League Two side Oxford United until January 2012. However his debut was in doubt when he dislocated his shoulder being on the sideline for six weeks and returned to his parent club for treatment. Luckily, his loan spell at Oxford resumed following his recovery. Franks made his debut for the club, coming on as a substitute in a second half in a 4–1 loss against Crawley Town on 19 November 2011.
Yeovil Town (loan)
On 22 February 2012, Franks and team-mate Jonathan Grounds joined League One side Yeovil Town on a month's loan with an option to extend the agreement until the end of the season. On 13 March 2012, Franks scored his first goal against Scunthorpe United in a 2–2 draw, and also netted twice in three days, against Rochdale and Notts County respectively. At the end of the season, Yeovil Town have confirmed their interests in signing Franks and Grounds permanently.
On 17 May 2012, Franks was signed by Neale Cooper for Hartlepool United. On 11 August 2012, Franks made his debut for the club in a 5–0 loss against Crewe and made his league debut in a 0–0 draw against Swindon Town 7 days later. He scored his first goal for the club on 1 September in a 2–0 win at home against Scunthorpe United.
Franks has represented England at all levels from under-16 through to under-19, the highlight of which was playing for England under-17s against Wales in Telford (14 October 2005) when he found the back of the net twice.
- West Ham 2–1 Middlesbrough
- "Injury scuppers Franks loan". Sky Sports. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Oxford United net Middlesbrough forward Jonathan Franks". BBC Sport. 31 August 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Boro's Franks returns to Oxford". Sky Sports. 31 October 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Yeovil sign Jonathan Grounds and Jonathan Franks on loan". BBC Sport. 22 February 2012.
- "Hartlepool sign ex-Middlesbrough forward Jonathan Franks". BBC Sport. 17 May 2012.
- "Crewe 5–0 Hartlepool" BBC Sport. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "Hartlepool 0–0 Swindon" BBC Sport. 17 August 2012. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "Hartlepool 2–0 Scunthorpe" BBC Sport. 1 September 2012. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- TheFA.com – U16s