Jonathan Gruber (filmmaker)
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (April 2014)|
Jonathan Gruber has been directing award-winning documentary films, commercials, and videos for more than 20 years. He loves creating evocative images and telling nuanced stories, whether for a 30-second advertisement or a two-hour feature. Projects that Gruber directed and produced have screened at festivals and in theaters nationwide and around the world, and have aired on PBS, The History Channel, National Geographic, Discovery Networks, and more.
His most recent film, Follow Me: The Yoni Netanyahu Story, is rolling out in theaters around the U.S. and internationally in the spring and summer of 2012. Jewish Soldiers in Blue & Gray, another film that he directed, wrote, and produced, is currently airing on PBS stations nationally.
He also has several projects in development, including:
- A Deal with the Devil, a modern history of the colossal German corporation I.G. Farben, spanning 150 years
- the daring story of Soviet athletes who risked everything for freedom during the Cold War
- a narrative of the Jewish-American experience as told through the lens of the more than 100-year-old Jewish newspaper, The Forward
- the story of the most polluted lake in the United States — a tale of industry, politics, and the legacy of a people
- A Different Drummer, a profile of a 1960s African-American, inner-city drum and bugle corps, and their 21st century revival
- Miriam Beerman: A Painter’s Journey, which chronicles the evolution of a prolific, female artist over 70 years in a male-dominated profession
JonathanGruberDirector.com has more information on his work, including clips.