Jonathan Little at the 2008 World Series of Poker
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
Jonathan Little (born December 22, 1984 in Pensacola, Florida) is an American professional poker player who won both the World Poker Tour's Season VI Mirage Poker Showdown and Season VII Foxwoods World Poker Finals and won the WPT Season VI Player of the Year award.
Little was a student at the University of West Florida studying psychology when he began playing poker with friends. As his interest in poker grew, it led him to study many books on poker, such as The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky. After earning an initial bankroll of $35,000 online over a six-month period, he decided to drop out of college and play poker professionally.
Little is a successful professional poker player who has played online under the screen names "FieryJustice", "Jcardshark", and "JonLittle".
Little creates poker training hand-packs™ for Insta Poker, a mobile-only poker strategy game on iPhone, iPod and iPad.
Little has partnered with Blue Shark Optics, a company that specializes in making eyewear for poker players. Blue Shark Optics has created a special pair of glasses called The Jonathan Little Limited Edition, which consists of a shiny metal frame and incorporates a sleek contemporary Aviator style.
Little is a representative for Ultimate Poker, the first poker site to legally launch in America since Black Friday.
World Championship of Online Poker
At the 2008 World Championship of Online Poker playing under his PokerStars screen name "Jcardshark" Little finished 7th place in the $10,300 buy-in (event #5), earning $107,535 at a final table consisting of other well known players like Major League Baseball Pitcher Orel Hershiser (O. Hershiser), 2003 World Series of Poker Main Event Champion Chris Moneymaker (Money800) online pros Nick Niergarth (gbmantis), Greg Hobson (DuckU), Scott Dorin (dorinvandy) who won the event and the European Poker Tour Season IV Grand Final Champion Glen Chorny (Choron). This win brings Little's total online cashes on Pokerstars to over $280,000.
World Poker Tour
Little finished fifth in the World Poker Tour (WPT) PokerStars.com Caribbean Poker Adventure Championship winning $317,000 and went to win the WPT Mirage Poker Showdown title, earning $1,091,295 the final table was made of four other professional poker players, Cory Carroll who finished runner-up, Darrell Dicken (3rd), Phil Ivey (5th) and Amnon Filippi (6th). In November 2007 he finished runner-up to Scott Clements in the WPT North American Poker Championship, where he earned an additional $715,702. Jonathan Little is the WPT Season VI Player of the Year.
In November 2008, Little won the WPT Foxwoods World Poker Finals for his second WPT title after defeating professional poker player Jonathan Jaffe during heads-up play. The final table which included professional poker players Mike Matusow who finished 6th and David Pham who finished 4th. The match broke the record for longest WPT final table at 275 hands and longest WPT heads-up match with 170 hands.
World Series of Poker
Little has cashed 24 times at the World Series of Poker (WSOP). In 2010, he cashed 5 times, including a 3rd place finish in Event # 53, the Limit Hold'em Shootout for $73,218. In 2013, he cashed 5 times, including a 3rd place finish in Event # 32, the No-Limit Hold 'Em/Six Handed $5,000 buy-in for $238,833, as well as twice at the WSOPE.
His lifetime winnings at the WSOP total $484,597.
As of 2014, his total live tournament winnings exceed $5,500,000.
- Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker, Volume 1: Fundamentals and How to Handle Varying Stack Sizes (2011) ISBN 978-1904468561
- Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker, Volume 2: Stages of the Tournament (2012) ISBN 978-1904468585
- Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker, Volume 3: The Complete Workout (2013) ISBN 978-1904468950
- Rodriguez, Julio. (2008-11-12). "WPT: Jonathan Little Wins the 2008 Foxwoods World Poker Finals". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- worldpokertour.com - profile - Jonathan Little
- cardplayer.com profile - Jonathan Little
- Arnett, Kristy (2009-12-30). "Poker Strategy -- Jon Little Discusses Taking a Beat Little Analyzes a Cash-Game Hand". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Jonathan Little Video Tutorials". PokerStrategy.com. Retrieved January 6, 2014.
- Green, Shawn Patrick (2008-09-08). "Online Poker: WCOOP High Roller Event has a Winner". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2008-09-08.
- WPT Live Updates (temp ref)
- "Jonathan Little - WSOP Stats". WSOP. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Jonathan Little - Stats". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- Official Website
- Insta Poker
- Blue Shark Optics
- Pokerlistings.com interview
- CardPlayer.com - 2007 a Big Year for Little