Jonathan Mannion (born December 3, 1970) is a photographer and film director. With English and American ancestry, he was raised in Cleveland, Ohio. His father and mother are both well known Midwest artists.[vague] His mother is from London and his father from Brooklyn.
New York and Richard Avedon
Mannion worked for a year with photographer Richard Avedon  in his Manhattan studio. Avedon had always been a major influence to Mannion as a young art student. Mannion went on to work with photographers Ben Watts and Marc Hom.
Jay-Z, Hip Hop and Beyond
In 1996, Mannion was commissioned, in his first major record company contract, to take photos of Brooklyn rapper Jay-Z for Reasonable Doubt. Mannion has gone on from that first assignment to photograph ten years of hip hop performers: Aaliyah, Eminem, Nas, Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne and others.
Mannion versus Coors Brewing Company
Album photography by Mannion
- Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt (1996); In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997); Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998); Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter (1999)
- Playa - Cheers 2 U (1998)
- Kelis - Kaleidoscope (1999)
- Chamillionaire - Ultimate Victory (2007)
- Aaliyah - Aaliyah (2001)
- Nas - God's Son (2002)
- DMX - Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood (1998)
- Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP (2000), The Eminem Show (2002)
- Akon - Konvicted (2006)
- Fabolous - From Nothin' To Somethin' (2007)
- Lil Mama - VYP: Voice of the Young People (2008)
- Trina - Still da Baddest (2008)
- Lil Wayne - Rebirth (2010)
- Amerie - All I Have (2002)
- Ludacris - Back for the First Time (2000); The Red Light District (2004)
- The Game - The Documentary (2005); Doctor's Advocate (2006), L.A.X. (2008); The R.E.D. Album (2011); Jesus Piece (2012)
- Freeway - Philadelphia Freeway (2003)
- Erick Sermon - Def Squad Presents Erick Onasis (2000), Chilltown, New York (2004)
- Tank - Force of Nature (2001)
- DJ Quik - Balance & Options (2000)
- Profyle - Nothin' But Drama (2000)
- Warren G - The Return of the Regulator (2001)
- Lalah Hathaway - Self Portrait (2008)
- Video Static: Music Video News: Sugar Management
- According to Mannion, quoted in Meka Udoh, "Jonathan Mannion: Desire", Hiphop Dx.
- "Jonathan Mannion Opening", Hollywood Obsessions, September 8, 2007.
- Jonathan Mannion: Photographs: Exhibitions on washingtonpost.com's City Guide
- Jonathan Mannion's Jay-Z portrait at Planet Hollywood's Sapporo event | MTV News You R Here
- Jonathan Mannion Photographs - Best Bet - AT Art - AOL Video
- Photographer Jonathan Mannion Dishes On Lil Wayne, DMX, More - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News
- Neil Shrum, Barry (2 July 2013). "Gorilla Photographer: When is a photograph original?". lawontherow.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Patry, William (25 July 2005). "The Patry Copyright Blog: Photography and Copyright Continued". williampatry.blogspot.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Ayr, Steven (2011). "Hey Photographers: What does your copyright protect? - Avvo.com". avvo.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Mannion's site
- MTV News Segment, June 2008