McKain playing for Wellington Phoenix in 2009
|Full name||Jonathan David McKain|
|Date of birth||21 September 1982|
|Place of birth||Brisbane, Australia|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Playing position||Centre Back
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 March 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jonathan "Jon" McKain (born 21 September 1982) is a Scottish Australian football (soccer) player who last played for Adelaide United in Hyundai A-League. He is generally a defender but can also play as defensive midfielder.
McKain was educated at the Anglican Church Grammar School, and he joined Romania club FC Politehnica in the summer of 2005, from fellow Divizia A club FC Naţional Bucureşti. He has also played for the Brisbane Strikers in Australia.
McKain signed for the Wellington Phoenix for the 2008-2009 A-League season. Despite several injuries McKain maintained good form when fit. On 14 June 2010, McKain signed a one-year renewable contract for Al-Nassr to be added to Walter Zenga squad. A US$ 1.5 million transfer fee was paid.
In August 2011, McKain was named as Adelaide United's captain ahead of the 2011-12 A-League season. In round 12 of the A-league Jon McKain gave up his captaincy. He was replaced as captain by Eugene Galeković.
A-League career statistics
|Wellington Phoenix F.C.
|Last updated 1 June 2010|
National team statistics
|Australia national team|
- Mason, James (2011). Churchie: The Centenary Register. Brisbane, Australia: The Anglican Church Grammar School. ISBN 978-0-646-55807-3.
- Star signings for Phoenix
- McKain to Saudi Arabia. au.fourfourtwo.com.
- Wellington Phoenix’s McKain set for Saudi Arabia move. tribalfootball.com.
- Migliaccio, Val (19 July 2011). "Stout Australian stopper signs". Adelaide NOW. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- McKain Named Reds Skipper. au.fourfourtwo.com.
- McKain, Jon at National-Football-Teams.com