||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (April 2008)|
|Other names||Jon Murray|
Murray attended Fayetteville-Manlius High School and is currently in their Hall of Distinction. He went on to earn a degree from Missouri School of Journalism at the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri.
Murray founded Bunim-Murray with partner Mary-Ellis Bunim. Agent Mark Itkin of the William Morris Agency put the two together to develop a scripted soap opera for MTV. When that was too expensive, they decided to try an unscripted soap and the Real World was born. "We knew within 20 minutes of shooting that we had a show," Bunim said.
Murray and Bunim's company, Bunim/Murray Productions, spearheaded the reality television genre. Among the numerous other reality programs that Murray and Bunim co-created over the years were Road Rules, Love Cruise, Making the Band, Real World/Road Rules Challenge, the reality feature film The Real Cancun, the real-life daily syndicated Starting Over, as well as Fox's The Simple Life. Bunim/Murray Productions are also executive producers on Project Runway for Lifetime and for Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, and Khloe and Lamar, all on E!.
Murray and Bunim were inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame in 2012.
- Bunim/Murray Productions
- The Real World
- Road Rules
- The Simple Life
- Starting Over
- MTV Networks
- New Viacom
- Old Viacom
- CBS Corporation
- National Amusements
- Sumner Redstone
- Shari Redstone
- The Bad Girls Club
- "Not Found". Bunim-murray.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Jonathan Murray at the Internet Movie Database
- Official Website of The Real World
- Official Website of Road Rules
- Official Website of The Simple Life
- Official Website of Bunim/Murray Productions
- Official Website of MTV
- Official Website of MTV Networks
- Official Website of Viacom
- Official Website of CBS Corporation
- Official Website of National Amusements
- Brent Redstone
- Missouri School of Journalism