|Born||November 11, 1970|
|Origin||Texas, United States|
|Genres||Gospel music, Inspirational|
|Occupations||Christian music singer|
Jonathan Pierce is an American gospel/CCM singer from Odessa, Texas. His full name is Jonathan Pierce Edward Loveheart Hildreth although he prefers to perform using his first and middle names instead of his first and last name.
Pierce began singing in church at age seven and took voice lessons from age nine. Following his graduation from high school, he relocated to Nashville, where he sang with the Christ Church Choir. After meeting with Naomi Judd, he was offered a spot with The Imperials (1990–1993) and then with the Gaither Vocal Band(1994–1997).
Pierce appeared in the part of Joseph in the Nashville revival of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in December 1999. He is also an interior designer, being the lead designer for CMT's Ultimate Country Home series in 2003.
Jonathan currently resides in Nashville, TN where he is owner and operator of his own business Pierce and Company.
With the Imperials
- 1991: Big God (Star Song)
- 1992: Stir It Up (Star Song)
With the Gaither Vocal Band
- 1994: Testify (Chordant)
- 1995: Southern Classics: Volume II (Spring House)
- 1997: Back Home in Indiana [live] (Chordant)
- 1997: Lovin' God & Lovin' Each Other (Spring Hill)
- 1995: One Love (Curb Records)
- 1997: Mission (Curb)
- 2000: Sanctuary (Curb)
- 2003: For You (Curb)
Appearances on other albums
- 1997: Christmas Is Coming Home B.J. Thomas (Warner Resound)
- 1997: Moments Vestal Goodman (Chordant)
- John Bush, Jonathan Pierce at Allmusic
- Billboard, Allmusic
- "Dreamcoat: A Joseph for the 90s" by Kevin Nance, The Tennessean (Nashville) 28 Nov 1999, ARTS section p 1K
- CBN guest August 2004, citing both statements in this paragraph