||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (November 2012)|
Jonathan Steingard (born June 23, 1983 in Canada) is the lead vocalist and lead guitarist for the Christian pop-punk band, Hawk Nelson which he joined in October 2004, replacing the former guitarist David Clark. He took over vocal duties upon Jason Dunn's departure in March 2012. He has also played guitar live for Tobymac, Amy Grant, Manafest, Falling Up, Kutless, and others.
His side projects include September Satellite, The Natural Anthem, two albums entitled Fox Run, Under The Canopy and an EP Atlantis. Steingard's first principal side project, Fox Run, released on October 25, 2006, utilizes a large number of instruments for a unique sound. His second album Under The Canopy, released on November 25, 2008, is rather an emotional alternative one rather than the pop-punk genre of Hawk Nelson, while three singles from Under The Canopy was featured in the Atlantis EP released on November 11, 2008, and available for free download.
The oldest of three children, Jonathan started playing the guitar at the age of 9. He plays PRS Guitars, Matchless and Metroamp Amps, Pedaltrain Pedalboards, and GHS Strings. His current touring PRS guitars include an SC245, a Mira, and a Chris Henderson Model.
- Jonathan Steingard at the Internet Movie Database
- Jonathan Steingard's Website
- Hawk Nelson Dot Com the band's website -the website contains their tour dates, biographies, their "vodcasts", and the latest news. You can also hear some of their music there.
- Jonathan Steingard's MP3 Music Downloads at his side project website.
- Jonathan's page on the PRS Guitars Website Jonathan is a PRS Guitars Endorsee.