Jonathan Whitehead is an award winning music composer, born in 1960 in Denton, Lancashire, who is most noted for writing music for television comedies such as The Day Today, Brass Eye, Black Books, Green Wing, Campus and Nathan Barley. He studied music at the University of Bristol and now lives in London. He sometimes writes under the name "Trellis".
His music for Green Wing was nominated for a BAFTA and won the prestigious RTS Award for Best Original Music. A selection of music from the series was recently released on CD under Jonathan's artistic nom de plume, TRELLIS.
Serious documentary and drama scores composed by Jonathan include War In Europe and The Clintons' Marriage of Power for MBC, Metropolis (with James Purefoy), three series of Medics for Granada and Kay Mellor's latest drama series Strictly Confidential for ITV.
- The Day Today - (1994)
- The Imaginatively Titled Punt & Dennis Show - (1994-95)
- Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge - (1994-95)
- Fist of Fun - (1995-96)
- The Saturday Night Armistice - (1995-99)
- Where's Elvis This Week? - (1996)
- Nancy Lam - (1997)
- Brass Eye - (1997-2001)
- You Are Here - (1998)
- Los Dos Bros - (1999-2001)
- Smack the Pony - (1999-2003)
- Perfect World - (2000-01)
- Metropolis - (2000)
- Black Books - (2000-04)
- The Estate Agents - (2002)
- Peep Show- (2003-) (Jeremy's music)
- Green Wing - (2004-2007)
- Nathan Barley - (2005)
- Twisted Tales - (2005)
- Feel the Force - (2006)
- Richard Hammond's 5 O'Clock Show - (2006)
- Strictly Confidential - (2007)
- Secret Diary of a Call Girl - (2007)
- Moving Wallpaper - (2008)
- The Empress's New Clothes - (2008)
- Campus - (2009-2011)
- Rev. series 1&2 (2010)
- Mount Pleasant (8 x 1 hour comedy drama for Tiger aspect/Sky 2011)
- Green Wing: Original Television Soundtrack (as "Trellis") - (2007)
RTS Craft and Design Award for "Best Original Score" for Green Wing in 2005, and also nominated for a BAFTA.