JonnyX and the Groadies
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2007)|
|JonnyX and the Groadies|
JonnyX and the Groadies at Satyricon, Portland, OR
|Origin||Portland, Oregon, USA|
|Past members||Cool Nuts
JonnyX and the Groadies (commonly written as JX:ATG) is a Portland, Oregon Cybergrind band. They consist of "JonnyX" (vocals/beatbox), "Nasty Travis" (guitar, drum machine programming, lyrics), "DJ Invisible Touch" (8-string bass) and "Professor Romagna" (master control). JonnyX's music usually contains high tempo drum beats, heavily distorted guitar at high tempo, and bass playing medium-tempo semi-melodic riffs. The metal malaise is sometimes augmented with sinister synthesizer sounds.
JonnyX and the Groadies only play all ages venues. Their live shows require much preparation because of their signature array of black lights, strobe lights, lasers, and fog machines. Professor Romagna's setup contains a wide array of electronics that has occasionally blown circuits.
The members of JX:ATG play in an impressive and ever-expanding collection of spandex suits, and other outrageous costumes such as the memorable Santa suits.
- Jonnyx (Jonathan Chard) - Vocals (1996–present)
- Travis West - Guitar, Guitar Synth, Programming (1996–present)
- Invisible Touch (Nathan Backous) - Bass guitar (1997–present)
- Professor Romagna (Jeremy Romagna) - Master control (1999–present)
- Cool Nuts (David Fuccillo) - Drums (1996–1997)
- Greg Chapel - Bass guitar (1996–1997)
- Kevin Millard - Guitar (1996–1997)
- Scott Noben - Drums (1997–1999)
- Kristopher Whitley - Guitar (1997-????)
|Date of Release||Title||Label|
|July 4, 2005||I||Self-Released|
|2010||The Upheaval On Titan||Self-Released|
- Gnade, Adam. "JonnyX and the Groadies Interview!", "Portland Mercury", July 3, 2006. Accessed March 28, 2007.
- Maerz, Jennifer. "Sci-Fi Invasion", "The Stranger", December 18–24, 2003. Accessed March 28, 2007.
|This article on a United States metal band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|