In early 2010, it was announced that Hollyoaks series producer Allan had stepped down from the position of executive producer of Hollyoaks and that Paul Marquess had taken over the role. It was soon revealed that Marquess planned to give Hollyoaks a "shake up", changing the productions team and beginning a cast cull by axing established characters. As part of Marquess reivention he decided to replace the departing character with new ones, and he created the main character of Bart McQueen and cast Jonny Clarke in the role, as part of the "2010 shake-up". First seen on Hollyoaks in August 2010, Jonny Clarke soon became established as one of the main characters in the show, and soon became to be regarded as one of Britain's leading teen actors. In September 2011 he was nominated for best Serial Drama Performance in the National Television Awards for his part as "Bart McQueen" in Hollyoaks.
Jonny Clarke quit Hollyoaks in January 2013, declining the offer of a new long term contract, and shortly after received a British Soap Award for his part on Hollyoaks Later's 2012 series. In the latter part of 2013 he was co-lead in a British film yet to be released.
In November 2013 it was announced that he was to play the part of "Tipper" in the 2014 UK tour of the highly acclaimed WW1 drama play "Birdsong" based on Sebastian Faulks' book of the same name.
|2010||House of Anubis||Lad||TV |
|2010-2013||Hollyoaks||Bart McQueen||Main character|
|2010||Hollyoaks Later||Bart McQueen||TV |
|2011||Hollyoaks: A Little Film About Love by Jason Costello||Bart McQueen||TV 
|2012||Hollyoaks Later||Bart McQueen||TV |
- "Jonny Clarke". Urbantalent. (UTA Management Ltd). 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Green, Kris (15 January 2010). "'Hollyoaks' producer Allan quits soap". Digital Spy (Hachette Filipacchi UK). Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- Green, Kris (11 February 2010). "New 'Hollyoaks' boss shakes up production". Digital Spy (Hachette Filipacchi UK). Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- Green, Kris (8 March 2010). "'Hollyoaks' producer axes 11 more". Digital Spy (Hachette Filipacchi UK). Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "Karen Hassan and Jonny Clarke join Hollyoaks cast". The Sun. (News International). 26 June 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "Jonny Clarke". Internet Movie Database. (Amazon.com). Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "Bart McQueen (played by Jonny Clarke)". E4. (Channel 4 Television Corporation). August 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2010.