|Other names||Ali Joone
|Occupation||Pornographic film director and producer|
Commenting on the transition of the pornography industry from the underground economy to mainstream corporate acceptance, the company's founder said: "I look at the porn business where Vegas and gambling was in the 70's… Vegas was still mob-owned and they were making the transition between these small groups of people to being corporate owned… I feel the same exact thing is going to happen with adult".
Joone is considered a "ground-breaker" in the world of interactive adult technology, introducing the Virtual Sex line of DVDs, in which the viewer can "command" a famous pornographic actress by selecting from a menu of explicit scenes. The first film in the series was released in 1998. In the series the actress looks directly at the camera, and appears to talk directly to the viewer. According to Joone, "It's the closest you'll ever get to having sex with our girls without really having sex with them".
Joone has directed the highly successful pornographic films Pirates and Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge. Digital Playground FX is accredited for the CGI work for Pirates and Pirates II and other Digital Playground features such as Top Guns and Body Heat.
- Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge
- Island Fever 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Forbidden Tales
- Virtual Sex line of DVDs:
- Rocki Roads' Wet Dreams
- 2006 AVN Award – Best Director, Video – Pirates
- 2009 AVN Award – Best Director, Feature – Pirates II
- 2009 AVN Award – Best Screenplay – Pirates II (shared with Max Massimo)
- 2009 AVN Award – Best Videography – Pirates II (shared with Oliver Henry)
- Dana Kennedy (2003-08-17). "The Fantasy of Interactive Porn Becomes a Reality". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-04-11.[dead link]
- Jeffreys, Sheila (2008). The Industrial Vagina: The Political Economy of the Global Sex Trade. Taylor & Francis. p. 73. ISBN 0-415-41233-1.
- Dines,Gail & Humez, Jean McMahon (2002). Gender, race, and class in media: a text-reader. SAGE. p. 50. ISBN 0-7619-2261-X.
- "AVN Award Winners Announced". Adult Video News. January 9, 2006. Retrieved 2008-03-01.
- David Sullivan (2009-01-11). "2009 AVN Award-Winners Announced". AVN.com. Retrieved 2009-01-11. Template:Ded link