Gavaris at the 73rd annual Peabody Awards, May 2014.
|Born||Jordan James Gavaris
September 25, 1989
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Jordan James Gavaris (born September 25, 1989) is a Canadian actor, best known for his co-starring role as Felix Dawkins on the BBC America and Space series Orphan Black and Jasper Bartlett on the action/adventure series Unnatural History for Cartoon Network.
Life and career
Gavaris made his feature film debut in the Canadian independent film, 45 R.P.M. opposite Michael Madsen, Kim Coates, and Amanda Plummer. In 2010, Gavaris co-starred in the Cartoon Network live-action series Unnatural History. Currently, Gavaris is co-starring in the new original drama Orphan Black for BBC America  and Canada's Space. 
In 2010, Gavaris was honored by Playback Magazine, Panavision Canada, and The Canadian Film and Television Hall of Fame by being named one of 2010's "Top Ten to Watch". Previous honorees include Nina Dobrev and Xavier Dolan. In 2014, Gavaris won a Canadian Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor and also won a Constellation Award for best performance in an episode. On August 18, 2014, Gavaris was announced as the winner of the 2014 EWwy Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. On September 30th, it was announced that Jordan would star alongside Matthew McConaughey in Gus Van Sant's Sea of Trees. 
The English accent Gavaris employs for his role as Felix Dawkins is so convincing that Entertainment Weekly writer Dalton Ross is "not entirely convinced that it’s not his normal accent that he’s faking." Gavaris told Ross that Michiel Huisman, Jerome Flynn and Maria Doyle Kennedy all thought he was English. "When I turned it off after the read-through, [Kennedy] was very taken aback. But I love the accent. It’s given me freedom to go after other roles and auditions, to experiment with different voices. This role has been by far the most liberating experience that anyone my age could have."
|2008||45 R.P.M.||Parry Tender|
|2013||Curse of Chucky||U.S. Ex Delivery Guy|
|2015||Sea of Trees||Eric|
|2008||G2G: Got to Go!||Barry||Unknown episodes|
|2009||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Nathan||2 episodes|
|2010||Unnatural History||Jasper Bartlett||Lead Role; 13 episodes|
|2013–present||Orphan Black||Felix Dawkins||Main Cast;
Canadian Screen Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Program or Series (2014)
Constellation Award for Best Male Performance in a 2013 Science Fiction Television Episode (2014)
EWwy Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (2014)
|2013||Cracked||Grant Mackenzie||Episode: "The Valley"|
- "The Unnatural History of Jordan Gavaris « FOX News Radio". Radio.foxnews.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "45 RPM Cast". 45rpmthemovie.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Jordan Gavaris (UNNATURAL HISTORY) Exclusive Interview". TV Equals. 2010-07-07. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Jordan Gavaris Talks BBC America's Orphan Black, Clones and Much More, "Orphan Black" » BioGamer Girl Magazine". biogamergirl.com. 2013-05-16. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "BBC Adds More Cast to 'clone drama', "Orphan Black" » The Hollywood Reporter". hollywoodreporter.com. 2012-10-23. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- September 8, 2010 by Emily Claire Afan (2010-09-08). "10 To Watch: Jordan Gavaris » Playback". Playbackonline.ca. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- Mandi Bierly (2014-08-18). "EWwy Awards 2014: Meet Your Winners". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2014-08-18.
- Dave McNary (2014-09-30). "'Orphan Black Star Jordan Gavaris Joins Matthew McConaughey in 'Sea of Trees'". Variety. Retrieved 2014-09-30.
- Ross, Dalton (16 March 2014). "Orphan Black: Jordan Gavaris Talks Felix and Having the Best Fake Accent On TV". ew.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jordan Gavaris.|