Gavaris at the 2014 GLAAD Media Awards.
|Born||Jordan James Gavaris
September 25, 1989
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Jordan James Gavaris (born September 25, 1989) is a Canadian-born actor, best known for his co-starring role as Felix Dawkins on the BBC America and Space series Orphan Black for which he won the Canadian Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Television drama and Jasper Bartlett on the action/adventure series Unnatural History for Cartoon Network.
Life and career
Gavaris made his feature film debut in the Canadian independent film, 45 R.P.M. opposite Michael Madsen, Kim Coates, and Amanda Plummer. In 2010, Gavaris co-starred in the Cartoon Network live-action series Unnatural History. Currently, Gavaris is co-starring in the new original drama Orphan Black for BBC America  and Canada's Space (TV channel). 
In 2010, Gavaris was honored by Playback Magazine, Panavision Canada, and The Canadian Film and Television Hall of Fame by being named one of 2010's "Top Ten to Watch". Previous honorees include; Nina Dobrev and Xavier Dolan among others.
The English accent Gavaris employs for his role as Felix Dawkins is so convincing that Entertainment Weekly writer Dalton Ross is "not entirely convinced that it’s not his normal accent that he’s faking." Gavaris told Ross that Michiel Huisman, Jerome Flynn and Maria Doyle Kennedy all thought he was English. "When I turned it off after the read-through, [Kennedy] was very taken aback. But I love the accent. It’s given me freedom to go after other roles and auditions, to experiment with different voices. This role has been by far the most liberating experience that anyone my age could have."
|2008||45 R.P.M.||Parry Tender||Lead role, independent film|
|2009||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Nathan||TV series, guest star, 2 episodes|
|2010||Unnatural History||Jasper Bartlett||TV series, regular role|
|2013 - Present||Orphan Black||Felix Dawkins||TV series, regular role|
|2013||Curse of Chucky||U.S. Ex Delivery Guy||Cameo|
|2013||Cracked||Grant Mackenzie||TV Series, Guest Star, 1 episode|
- "The Unnatural History of Jordan Gavaris « FOX News Radio". Radio.foxnews.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "45 RPM Cast". 45rpmthemovie.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Jordan Gavaris (UNNATURAL HISTORY) Exclusive Interview". TV Equals. 2010-07-07. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Jordan Gavaris Talks BBC America's Orphan Black, Clones and Much More, "Orphan Black" » BioGamer Girl Magazine". biogamergirl.com. 2013-05-16. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- "BBC Adds More Cast to 'clone drama', "Orphan Black" » The Hollywood Reporter". hollywoodreporter.com. 2012-10-23. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- September 8, 2010 by Emily Claire Afan (2010-09-08). "10 To Watch: Jordan Gavaris » Playback". Playbackonline.ca. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- Ross, Dalton (16 March 2014). "Orphan Black: Jordan Gavaris Talks Felix and Having the Best Fake Accent On TV". ew.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.