|Born||November 20, 1972
|Home town||Ottawa, Ontario|
Jordan O'Connor (born November 20, 1972 in Ottawa, Ontario) is a Canadian musician (electric and double bass), composer and audio engineer. Jordan is currently signed to Candyrat Records and also works through his own production company The Breath.
He released When We Were Little Girls with his band Cash Cow in 2000, which received the National Post's Album of the Year in 2000. The CD features O'Connor's original compositions with fellow musicians, Mike Murley (sax), Craig Harley (piano) and Nick Fraser (drums) and O'Connor on bass.
His second CD, Fragments vol. One (2001) features Bryden Baird (trumpet), David French (sax), Craig Harley (piano) and Jesse Baird (drums), with O'Connor on electric and acoustic bass. His third CD Falling Forward (2003) is a collection of improvisations by O'Connor (bass), Justin Haynes (guitar) and Nick Fraser (drums), with a bonus track featuring Craig Harley on organ.
In 2006, he released his first solo bass CD, entitled Lebreton, which is available for free download on his website. He is about to release his second Cash Cow CD, Love in the Big City, which will be available on Candyrat Records. He can also be heard on Don Ross's CDs Huron Street and Live in Your Head.
In 1999 Jordan, along with longtime friend and business partner, Shane Belcourt founded The Breath. Original intended as a means of promoting their music, The Breath quickly grew into a multimedia, audio and film company, which recently produced the feature film Tkaronto. O'Connor composed the score for this film as well as editing, and acting as a producer on the project. The Breath has released two short films, Pookums and The Squeeze Box, to which Jordan also composed the score.
Over the years, The Breath has worked closely with the Métis Nation of Ontario as well as other clients, such as the National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation, the government of Ontario and Lotus Yoga Centre.
• Live In Your Head (2006) Don Ross
• Lebreton (2006) Jordan O’Connor
• Falling Forward (2003) Jordan O’Connor
• Robot Monster (2004) Don Ross
• Fragments Vol. One (2001) Jordan O’Connor
• Huron Street (2001) Don Ross
• Tequila Vampire Matinee (2000) Kevin Quain
• Found (2000) Jennifer Ryan
• Hands Like Mine (2000) Shane Anthony Band
• When We Were Little Girls (2000) Jordan O’Connor’s Cash Cow
• Hangover Honeymoon (1999) Kevin Quain
• Sky Stories (1998) Shane Anthony Band
• Debunker (1997) Unbeatables
• How Do You Feel About That? (1996) Jennifer Ryan
• The Great Dogs Are Loose In The Yard (1995) The Unbeatables
- CANdYRAT Records
- Candy Rat Records website
- Accessed on April 14, 2008
- The Breath Records release liner notes
- CD liner notes
- Tkaronto (2007)
- Metis Nation of Ontario website
- The Breath website