Palmer at Bears training camp in 2014.
No. 5 Tennessee Titans
|Date of birth:May 30, 1984|
|Place of birth: Westlake Village, California|
|High school: Mission Viejo (CA)|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 6 / Pick: 205|
|Debuted in 2008 for the Cincinnati Bengals|
Career NFL statistics as of 2014
Jordan William Palmer (born May 30, 1984) is an American football quarterback for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the sixth round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at UTEP.
Palmer has also been a member of the Arizona Rattlers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Cincinnati Bengals, Sacramento Mountain Lions, Chicago Bears, and Buffalo Bills. He is the younger brother of Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer.
During his freshman year at UTEP, Palmer threw seven touchdowns and 13 interceptions while completing 49.5% of his passes for 1,168 yards. During his sophomore year he threw for 26 touchdowns and 18 interceptions while completing 58.2% of his passes for 2,618 yards. In his junior year in 2005, he led UTEP to the 2005 GMAC Bowl against Toledo. He threw for a career-high 29 touchdowns and 19 interceptions while completing 59.4% of his passes for 3,503 yards. In his senior season, Palmer threw for 26 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He completed 65.7% of his passes while his team went 5-7 and did not qualify for post-season play.
The Washington Redskins drafted Palmer in the sixth round of the 2007 NFL Draft with the 205 pick overall. On August 4, 2007, the Baltimore Ravens hosted the Redskins in a pre-season game in Baltimore. Their only score of the scrimmage was on a 24-yard touchdown pass from Palmer to rookie wide receiver Burl Toler. On September 2, 2007, the Redskins waived Palmer along with others in order to get their roster to the league requirement.
On January 30, 2008, Palmer signed a two-year contract with the Cincinnati Bengals. The Palmer brothers became the first brothers in NFL history to be playing quarterback on the same team at the same time; brothers Koy and Ty Detmer were both on the Philadelphia Eagles roster at the same time, but Ty was on injured reserve.
After the release of back-up quarterback J. T. O'Sullivan, Palmer was promoted to the backup quarterback of the Bengals behind his older brother Carson for the 2010 season.
Palmer was released on August 27, 2011 by the Bengals.
Palmer signed with the Chicago Bears on August 16, 2013 after third-string QB Matt Blanchard broke his hand. Palmer had previously worked out with the Bears during the 2013 offseason. He was released on August 30, 2013. After the Bears lost Jay Cutler to an injury in week 7 against the Washington Redskins on October 20, the Bears reported they would bring back Palmer to back up Josh McCown. Palmer was officially signed on October 28. Two days before the start of the 2014 free agency period, Palmer re-signed with the Bears on a one-year deal. The Bears released Palmer on August 24, 2014.
He is the younger brother of the Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer, who was the first overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals. The two spent three seasons together as teammates with the Bengals, with him being Carson's backup.
- List of Arena Football League and National Football League players
- List of Division I FBS passing yardage leaders
- List of Division I FBS passing touchdown leaders
- "Jordan Palmer takes turn Running Bengals". Sports Illustrated.com. Archived from the original on 2008-05-10. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- "Buffalo Bills vs. Cincinnati Bengals recap". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on 2010-11-21. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "Jaguars sign seven". jaguars.com. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Jaguars place QB Gabbert on IR, ending his season". Yahoo! Sports. 2012-11-21. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- Rosenthal, Gregg (2013-08-16). "Bears sign Jordan Palmer, pass on JaMarcus Russell". National Football League. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-08-30). "Bears cut 17 players, still have five to go". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Fairburn, Matthew (2013-10-20). "Bears to sign Jordan Palmer after Jay Cutler injury, according to report". SB Nation. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Bears Sign Jordan Palmer, Make Several Other Roster Moves". WBBM-TV. 2013-10-28. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- Wiederer, Dan. "DT Collins, QB Palmer sign 1-year deals with Bears". Chicago Tribune.com. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- Bears cut Jordan Palmer; Jimmy Clausen wins No. 2 job
- Rodak, Mike (2014-08-25). "Bills to sign QB Jordan Palmer". ESPN. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Florio, Mike (2014-08-29). "Bills initial cuts include Jordan Palmer, Brian Moorman". Pro Football Talk.
- Alper, Josh (2014-12-15). "Titans place Jake Locker on IR, sign Jordan Palmer". Pro Football Talk.
- Biggs, Brad (2014-02-16). "Jordan Palmer preparing quarterback prospects for NFL draft". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jordan Palmer.|