Jordan Smith (actor)
|Born||Jordan Patrick Smith
1989 (age 24–25)
Smith was born in Fife, Scotland and moved with his family to Australia in 2003. The family holidayed in Australia in 2001 and fell in love with the country and so decided to emigrate. Whilst in Year 12 at his high school, Carmel Catholic College, drama became one of Smith's favourite subjects. Smith currently resides with fellow Neighbours cast-member Chris Milligan, who plays Kyle Canning.
After finishing school, Smith took a number of acting courses and appeared in a few commercials. He has previously appeared in H2O: Just Add Water, in which he played a surfer. Smith has also had roles in Mortified and Home and Away.
Whilst between jobs, Smith worked as a labourer. In 2009, he was offered the role of Andrew Robinson in the hit soap opera Neighbours, but nearly had to turn it down because he was in hospital. He says, "I'd been doing some work as a labourer and I'd been lifting up concrete floors when some of the concrete flew up and smashed into my face. My nose got all swollen and became infected, so I was kept on a drip of antibiotics for a week. I got the call to say I got the part while I still in hospital on the Sunday night (in Queensland) and I had to be in Melbourne by 7am the next day."
Smith has admitted that Neighbours had to change his character's background story because of his Scottish accent. Andrew was initially meant to have been brought up in Brazil, but the strength of Smith's accent meant that this had to be changed. He has also stated that he had to "refine" his accent in order to be understood by other cast members and the audience. Smith has admitted that if he was not playing the role of Andrew Robinson he would have liked to play the role of fellow Neighbours character Lucas Fitzgerald, played by his co-star Scott Major, instead.
On 26 November 2012, it was announced that Smith would be leaving Neighbours. He made his final screen appearance as Andrew on 29 March 2013. Smith co-starred in Angelina Jolie's Unbroken as Cliff, an Australian prisoner who is taken to a Japanese POW camp in World War II.
|2008||Home and Away||Damo Nicholls|
|2009–10||H2O: Just Add Water||Surfer #2
|2009–13||Neighbours||Andrew Robinson||Regular role|
- "A New Hottie Joins The Street!". Neighbours Official Website. 2 September 2009. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- Jordan’s new in the neighbourhood - Local News - News - General - Bayside Bulletin / The Redland Times
- Kilkelly, Daniel (23 May 2011). "Christopher Milligan (Kyle Canning, 'Neighbours')". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- "Australian Television Information Archive". Australian Television Information Archive. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Mortified Season One". Users On Net. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Paul's son Andrew returns". Five TV. 2 September 2009. Retrieved 14 February 2010.[dead link]
- "Jordan Smith interview". LastBroadcast. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Neighbours new boy's accent drama". MSN News. 14 February 2010. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Jordan: It's a dream come true". Five TV. 12 February 2010. Retrieved 14 February 2010.[dead link]
- Kilkelly, Daniel (26 November 2012). "'Neighbours': Rhys, Andrew and Sophie to leave show". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Groves, Don (11 October 2013). "Former Neighbours actor to star in Jolie movie". If Magazine. The Intermedia Group. Retrieved 16 October 2013.