|Full name||Jordan James Spence|
|Date of birth||24 May 1990|
|Place of birth||Woodford, London, England|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Current club||Milton Keynes Dons
(on loan from West Ham United)
|2004–2008||West Ham United|
|2008–||West Ham United||7||(0)|
|2008–2009||→ Leyton Orient (loan)||20||(0)|
|2009||→ Scunthorpe United (loan)||9||(0)|
|2011||→ Bristol City (loan)||11||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Bristol City (loan)||10||(0)|
|2013||→ Sheffield Wednesday (loan)||4||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||10||(1)|
|2014–||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:17, 9 March 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Jordan James Spence (born 24 May 1990) is an English footballer who plays for Milton Keynes Dons on loan from West Ham United. Spence plays predominantly as a right-back, but can also operate as a centre-back.
West Ham United
Spence joined West Ham in 2004. In April 2006 he signed a contract as a full-time youth team academy player for season 2006–07 and made his reserve team debut that same month. He has captained the England national team every youth level. On 9 May 2010, Spence made his first team debut for West Ham, coming on the 86th minute for Alessandro Diamanti, in a 1–1 home draw against Manchester City with Spence making his first start for West Ham on 15 May 2011 in a 3–2 away defeat to Wigan Athletic, a game which saw West Ham relegated.
Before making his debut for West Ham, he made his professional club debut for Leyton Orient in their FA Cup second round match at Bradford City on 29 November 2008 having signed on loan on 25 November. This looked to be his only match for Leyton Orient as he returned to Upton Park on 5 January 2009, but he returned to Orient on 23 January and stayed until the end of the season. His Football League debut came in the 2–1 away defeat to Scunthorpe United on 24 January 2009.
Spence signed for Scunthorpe United on a one month's loan on 17 August 2009 making his debut on 18 August in a 2–0 home defeat to Middlesbrough. On 29 August Spence's loan at Scunthorpe was extended until 1 January 2010. At the end of December 2009 his loan ended and he returned to West Ham having played eleven times for Scunthorpe.
On 3 March 2011 Spence signed on a 28 day loan for Championship side Bristol City, making his debut on 5 March in the 4–1 away victory over Coventry City. On 30 March, this loan was extended until the end of the 2010–11 season. On 4 May 2011, West Ham manager Avram Grant recalled Spence for him to provide back-up for defenders for the Premier League season run-in. On 3 August 2011, Spence rejoined Bristol City for a season-long loan, with the option for West Ham to recall him from January 2012. In April 2012 Spence returned to West Ham having played 10 games for Bristol City.
Milton Keynes Dons
Spence joined Milton Keynes Dons on a one month loan on 24 October 2013. He made his debut on 26 October in a 3-2 away defeat to Tranmere Rovers. Although Spence gave away a penalty, manager Karl Robinson described Spence's debut as "wonderful".  He scored his first career goal at club level on 26 November 2013 in a 3-1 away defeat to Colchester United. After playing 12 games for Milton Keynes Dons, Spence returned to West Ham in January 2014. On 30 January 2014, Spence re-joined Milton Keynes Dons on loan until the end of the 2013–14 season.
Spence captained the England U16s to the Victory Shield in November 2005, then led England U17 to the Final of the Nordic Tournament, playing in the Faroe Islands in August 2006 and scoring in his second match. England finished at the top of their 4-team group, but lost the Final to Denmark in Tórshavn.
In September 2006 he played for England against Portugal in the FA Friendly International Tournament.
In 2007, Jordan captained England in the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup. This was the first time the country had reached the World Finals, at this age group. It was at this very tournament, where Jordan himself made history. Against Brazil in injury time he scored a late winner, which put England through to the last 16, this was the first time England had beaten Brazil at a FIFA tournament. On 20 November 2007 Spence captained the England U18 team in a 2–0 victory over Ghana. He made his first appearance for the England U19 team in their 6–0 victory over Romania on 14 October 2007 The England U18 team finished the 2007–08 season unbeaten, under Spence's captaincy, with a 2–0 win over Austria on 16 April 2008.
In the 2008–09 season, Spence continued to be involved with the England under-19 team, helping them to qualify for the UEFA U19 Championships in the summer of 2009, in which they finished runners up. In March 2011 Spence made his England U21 debut in a 2–1 defeat to Iceland.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 388. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Socccerbase — Jordan Spence". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "''Spence puts pen to paper'', West Ham United FC". Whufc.com. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "England date for Spence". Whufc.com. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- Dawkes, Phil (9 May 2010). "West Ham 1–1 Man City". BBC News. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- McNulty, Phil (15 May 2011). "BBC Sport — Football — Wigan 3-2 West Ham". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-05-16.
- "Bradford City 1–2 Leyton Orient". BBC Sport. 29 November 2008.
- "O's sign Hammers' Spence on loan". BBC News. 2008-11-25. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Spence rejoins Os on loan". leytonorient.com. 23 January 2009.
- "Scunthorpe 2–1 Leyton Orient". BBC News. 2009-01-24. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Iron Land Spence On Loan". Sportinglife.com. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Scunthorpe 0–2 Middlesbrough". BBC News. 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- IRON TO EXTEND SPENCE LOAN www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk
- "Hammers recall Spence". Skysports.com. 2009-12-31. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Bristol City sign up West Ham's Jordan Spence on loan". BBC Sport. 2011-03-03. Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- "Coventry 1 - 4 Bristol City". BBC Sport. 2011-03-05. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- "West Ham's Jordan Spence extends Bristol City loan". BBC Sport. 2011-03-30. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Spence recalled | News | Latest News | News | West Ham United". Whufc.com. Retrieved 2011-05-16.
- "Bristol City sign Jordan Spence on loan from West Ham". BBC Sport. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- "Loan Duo End City Spells". www.bcfc.co.uk. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Spence signs". Www.swfc.co.uk. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Brighton & HA v Sheffield Wednesday: Hard work key to Owls improving fortunes, says Nuhiu". Yorkshire Post. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "MK Dons bring in West Ham United's Jordan Spence". BBC Sport. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Robbo left ‘shell-shocked’ after Tranmere defeat". Milton Keynes Citizen. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Football: West Ham United youngster leaves club". www.mkweb.co.uk. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Spence returns to stadiummk". Milton Keynes Dons FC. 30 January 2014.
- The Victory Shield 2006, TheFA.com[dead link]
- Nordic Tournament 2006, TheFA.com[dead link]
- Young Lions clinch victory, TheFA.com[dead link]
- Busy week for Hammers on international duty, West Ham United FC
- "Skipper Spence History Maker". Fifa.com. 2007-08-24. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- Eastick's challenge
- Young Lions hit six, TheFA.com
- England are all Hart