Jordan national basketball team
|FIBA ranking||30 2|
|FIBA zone||FIBA Asia|
|FIBA World Cup|
|Medals|| Silver: 2011
The Jordan national basketball team is the official basketball team of Jordan in international competitions and it is one of the top teams in Asia.
There are many improvements that have been made for the Jordanian team in recent years beside qualifying to World cup for the first time, they won William Jones cup in its 30th edition in 2008 and FIBA Asia Stankovic cup in Kuwait in 2008 beside finishing at the first place of Arab Nations cup in Egypt in 2007, and runners up in 2008.
The President of JBF is Samer Asfour. Its head coach is The Serbian Rajko Toroman.
– 2011: 2nd Place: FIBA Asia Championship in China. 1st Place: King Abdullah II Basketball Cup 2nd Place: West Asia Basketball Cup in Iraq. 2nd place : Arab games – 2010: 23rd Place: 2010 FIBA World Championship.
– 2009: 4th Place: Italia International Tournament. 2nd Place: Qatar International Tournament. 2nd Place: William Jones Cup. 3rd Place: FIBA Asia Championship in China.
– 2008 : 1st Place: FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup. 2nd Place: Arab Basketball Cup in Tunisia. 1st Place: Qatar Friendly Tournament. 1st Place: William Jones Basketball Cup in Taiwan. 2nd Place: West Asia Basketball Cup in Jordan.
– 2007 : 1st Place: William Jones Basketball Cup in Taiwan. 1st Place: Arab Basketball Cup in Egypt. 2nd Place: Pan Arab Games in Egypt. 1st Place: King Abdullah II Basketball Cup. 5th Place: Asian Cup Basketball Championship in China.
– 2006 : 4th Place: Asian Games in Qatar – Basketball. 3rd Place: King Abdullah II Basketball Cup.
– 2005 : 2nd Place: West Asian Games – Basketball. 4th Place: King Abdullah II Basketball Cup.
– 2004 : 1st Place: King Abdullah II Basketball Cup. 1st Place: Qatar International Basketball Cup.
– 2002 : 2nd Place: King Abdullah II Basketball Cup.
– 1999 : 2nd Place: 9th Pan Arab Games in Jordan.
– 1992 : 2nd Place: 7th Pan Arab Games in Syria.
– 1987 : 1st Place: Arab Gold Cup in the UAE.
– 1986 : 3rd Place: Asian Cup Championship in Malaysia.
Jordan National Basketball Team roster
|FIBA Qualifying Tournament Roster (June - 2012)
William Jones Cup
Jordan is also willing to win the Arab cup this year after they won the King Abdullah Championship.
2007 FIBA Asia championship
Placed in Group A, or the so-called "Group of Death" alongside China, Philippines and eventual champion Iran, the Jordanians won two of three games in the group phase to make it to the quarterfinals; however, they lost to Korea and Japan in the said round and eventually placed fifth after beating Chinese Taipei, 95–74. Some of the key players for the Jordanian National Team are Enver Soobzokov, Sam Daghlas, Zaid Al-Khas, Zaid Abbaas, Islam Abbaas and Rashiem Wright. One key member of the University of Minnesota basketball team, Guard/Forward Jamal Abu-Shamala, is Jordanian-American.
Athletes in Action
|William Jones Cup Champions