3 March 1992 |
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Lucas was born in Melbourne, Australia in 1992. Her interest in acting started when she was attending high school and joined a drama group. She started taking part in theatre workshops and in 2008 she was selected as the female Victoria state finalist in Dolly magazine's "Neighbours Next Big Stars" competition.
Her hobbies are shopping, going out, reading, singing, writing and basketball. Lucas has revealed that she would like to sing in a future episode of Neighbours to show off her vocal abilities and has coaching lessons for her singing each week.
She is also a supporter of HeartKids, a national organisation providing services for children suffering from heart disease.
In 2009 it was announced that she was joining the cast of Neighbours to play the role of Summer Hoyland, taking over from Marisa Siketa who played the character from 2002 to 2007. Lucas has admitted that because the character was previously played by another actress, this "added pressure" because "people already have an idea of how they want her to be." She has described her character's return as being "baffling" because "She's wearing boyish clothes and ends up with half the street running after her!" Lucas admitted to being a Neighbours fan while she was at primary school and said that Summer was her favourite character, but she never thought that she would get to play the role. She has said that if she were to play any other character in Neighbours it would be Donna Freedman.
In 2011 Lucas spent time in Old Melbourne Gaol with fellow Neighbours cast members Stefan Dennis, Alan Fletcher and Valentina Novakovic to raise money for the charity Whitelion. In order to break out from jail each cast member had to raise $1,000 for the charity.
In December 2011, a reporter for the Herald Sun announced Lucas had extended her contract with Neighbours until late 2013. On 3 September 2012, it was announced Lucas had chosen to leave Neighbours to pursue other roles. Lucas commented "I've had a fantastic three years at Neighbours, and I am really looking forward to what my future has to offer."
|2005||Blue Heelers||Erin Pederson||Episode: "Getting The Bullet"|
|2008||Bed of Roses||Casey||Episode: "Reality Check"|
|2010–13||Neighbours||Summer Hoyland||Regular role|
- "Jordy Lucas on TV.com". TV.com. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Neighbours Official Site – Dolly Competition Winners – Neighbours". Neighbours.com. Australia: Network Ten. 2 December 2008. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (20 April 2010). "Soaps – News – 'Neighbours' star wants singing scene – Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Jordy Lucas – Neighbours". Neighbours.com. Australia: Network Ten. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- Rowe, Darren (8 October 2009). "Soaps – News – Summer Hoyland returns to Ramsay Street – Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Jordy's feeling the pressure". Holy Soap. Five. 10 February 2010. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Summer time in Ramsay Street". Holy Soap. Five. 4 February 2010. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Jordy Lucas (Neighbours' Summer Hoyland) Interview". Last Broadcast. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Jordy Lucas is doing time for Break Out". The Herald Sun. 19 May 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Beauties to make good Neighbours". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times). 28 December 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (3 September 2012). "'Neighbours': Summer Hoyland actress Jordy Lucas to leave show". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 3 September 2012.