Jorge Julio Rocha
|Olympic medal record|
Julio turned pro in 1989 and won his first twenty-six fights, culminating on 9 October 1992 with a win over southpaw Eddie Cook for the WBA Bantamweight title. He lost the belt in a unanimous decision to Junior Jones in 1993 but was the first to knock Jones down.
He went on to capture the WBO Bantamweight title in 1998 but lost the belt in 2000 to Johnny Tapia. His career then began to go downhill and in 2002 he lost to Manny Pacquiao by TKO, and again in 2003 to Israel Vázquez.
|WBA Bantamweight Champion
9 October 1992– 23 October 1993
|WBO Bantamweight Champion
28 July 1997– 8 January 2000
- Defeated Hormillosa (Philippines) TKO 3
- Defeated Nieves (Puerto Rico) points
- Defeated Rene Breitbarth (East Germany) points
- Defeated Emil Matsushima (Japan) points
- Lost to Aleksandar Khristov (Bulgaria) points
|This biographical article relating to a Colombian boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South American Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|