Colorado Rockies – No. --
September 16, 1988 |
|June 29, 2014 for the St. Louis Cardinals|
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||0.00|
Jorge Rondón began pitching professionally for the Cardinals when he was 18. From 2006 to 2011, he played on various rookie league and A-level teams. He received his first promotion to AA Springfield in 2011. The promotion coincided with increased strikeouts per 9 innings pitched (K/9) rates. With Palm Beach of the Florida State League that year, he posted a then-professional high of 9.1 K/9 in 26 2⁄3 innings pitched (IP). He yeilded a 4.05 earned run average (ERA), 29 hits and 13 walks (BB).
Rondón split the 2012 season between Springfield and the Triple-A affiliate, Memphis, postng a 3.49 ERA in 49 innings with 50 strikeouts. On October 30, 2012, the Cardinals added Rondón to the 40-man roster to prevent him from becoming a minor league free agent.
The club optioned him to AAA-Memphis on March 11, 2013.  He spent the entire 2013 season at Memphis, appearing in 51 games, pitching 67 innings and allowing a 3.06 ERA. He allowed 72 hits, 37 BB and struck out 42 (SO).
The Cardinals recalled Rondón and Eric Fornataro from Memphis on April 17, 2014, when they moved Joe Kelly to the 15-day disabled list (DL). However, he did not appear in a game before being optioned to AAA to clear a roster spot for top prospect Oscar Taveras.
- Langosch, Jenifer (October 30, 2012). "Cardinals add righty Rondon to 40-man roster". MLB.com via St. Louis Cardinals website. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Langosch, Jenifer; Berry, Adam (March 11, 2013). "Matheny 'feeling great' after back surgery". MLB.com. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- Bailey, J. J. (April 17, 2014). "Cardinals move Kelly to DL, call up two Memphis relievers". KMOV.com. Retrieved April 19, 2014.
- "Cardinals promote David Bell to bench coach". ESPN.com. Associated Press. November 3, 2014. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)