जोरहाट हवाई अड्डा
|Operator||Indian Air Force
Airports Authority of India
|Elevation AMSL||311 ft / 95 m|
Jorhat Airport (IATA: JRH, ICAO: VEJT) (Assamese: যোৰহাট বিমানবন্দৰ) (also known as Rowriah Airport) is located 7 Kilometres South-West of Jorhat city, Assam, India. The civil enclave, run by the Airports Authority of India is the 3rd major airport of Assam after Guwahati and Dibrugarh(by number of daily flights and yearly passenger traffic). Established in early 1950s, Jorhat AFS is the Indian Air Force's first air base in the East. It is primarily a transport base for launching aircraft that carry out airdrops in the Naga Hills and Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh. It is equipped with two squadrons of An-32 transport aircraft and air logistics are provided from Jorhat to the Kameng, Subansiri, Siang, Lohit and Tirap districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
Airlines and destinations
operated by JetKonnect
|Bengaluru, Guwahati, Kolkata|
- List of busiest airports in India by passenger traffic
- Our Special Correspondent (2011-08-14). "Leopard fear grips Jorhat IAF station". Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Challenging Sorties". Vayu-sena.tripod.com. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- Jorhat Airport at the AAI
- Airport information for VEJT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.