Jorma Taccone in 2007
|Birth name||Jorma Christopher Taccone|
March 19, 1977 |
|Medium||Internet, stand-up, music, television, film|
Comedy hip hop
Jorma Christopher "Jorm" Taccone (/ /; born March 19, 1977) is an American actor, director and writer for comedy films. Taccone is one third of the sketch comedy troupe The Lonely Island along with childhood friends Andy Samberg and Akiva Schaffer. In 2010, he co-wrote and directed the SNL spin-off film MacGruber, which was his directorial debut.
Taccone was born in Berkeley, California, the son of Sue Ellen and Tony Taccone, who is the artistic director of the Berkeley Repertory Theatre. He is of Italian and Puerto Rican descent on his father's side. He is a graduate of UCLA Film School. Jorma's brother, Asa Taccone, is a member of the band Electric Guest.
In the fall of 2005, Samberg, Taccone, and Schaffer joined the staff of NBC's late night variety show Saturday Night Live. Since then, The Lonely Island has been responsible for creating more than 100 SNL Digital Short films including the YouTube favorites "Lazy Sunday" (featuring Chris Parnell), "Jizz in My Pants", "I'm on a Boat" (featuring T-Pain) and the Emmy-winning "Dick in a Box" (featuring Justin Timberlake). Taccone produces much of the music for The Lonely Island including Lazy Sunday, "Dick in a Box" and many other tracks that appear on The Lonely Island's first album Incredibad which was released February 2009. As a director, Taccone is responsible for the SNL shorts MacGruber, Business Meeting, Sloths, Giraffes, and others. He also directed a MacGruber Pepsi commercial spot for the 43rd Super Bowl which aired February 1, 2009.
In 2007, Taccone co-starred in Paramount's Hot Rod, (starring Andy Samberg, directed by Akiva Schaffer). Taccone is also one of the principal actors in the music video "Jizz in My Pants". He also plays Guy #2 in "We Like Sportz", reprising the role from "Just 2 Guyz". Taccone played the lead role of Brett in The Lonely Island's The ’Bu, the group's record-breaking contribution to Channel 101, where he played a ninja who did not belong. The ’Bu, a parody of The OC, also starred Sarah Chalke (Roseanne, Scrubs) as Melissa and Andy Samberg as Aaron. In the group's first Channel 101 show, "ITV Buzz Countdown", Taccone played Chris Hoffman, a fictional VJ on a parody of MTV's Total Request Live. He made a cameo appearance in Role Models as Mitch from Graphics, in which he sings a karaoke version of the Scorpions' "Rock You Like a Hurricane", he co-stars in the Gnarls Barkley music video for the song "Who's Gonna Save My Soul".
Taccone appeared as Chaka in Universal's 2009 film Land of the Lost, starring Will Ferrell.
Taccone was featured as part of the group male vocals on Lightspeed Champion's album Life Is Sweet! Nice To Meet You.
As of SNL's 36th season, Jorma is no longer cited in the end credits, though he is still listed on the NBC website as a writer and holds the unofficial title of "Sexiest Member of Lonely Island." According to his band's website, thelonelyisland.com, however, "the Dudes" are still responsible for the SNL Digital Shorts. It was later confirmed that Jorma had quit Saturday Night Live, though he worked on some shorts in the 36th season.
Taccone also has a recurring role on the HBO show Girls, as the character Booth Jonathan.
|2007||Hot Rod||Yes||Yes||No||Kevin Powell|
|Role Models||Yes||No||No||Mitch from Graphics||Cameo|
|2009||Land of the Lost||Yes||No||No||Cha-Ka||Nominated - Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor|
|2012||The Watch||Yes||No||No||Guy||Cameo (with The Lonely Island)|
- Saturday Night Live (2005–2010) – writer, supporting actor, music
- Up All Night (2011) – Season 1, Episode 3, "Working Late and Working It" - guest star as Ava's boyfriend, B-Ro
- Girls (2012) - Season 1, Episode 3, "All Adventurous Women Do" and Season 2, Episode 3, "Bad Friend" and Episode 6, "Boys" - appearance as artist, Booth Jonathan
- "Just 2 Guyz" (2005)
- "Jizz in My Pants" (2008)
- "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" (2008)
- "We Like Sportz" (2008)
- "I'm on a Boat" (2009)
- "Like a Boss" (2009)
- "I Just Had Sex" (2010)
- "The Creep" (2011)
- "We're Back" (2011)
- "We'll Kill U" (2011)
- "Jack Sparrow" (2011)
- "American Daydream" (2012)
- "YOLO" (2013)
- "Between Two Ferns/Spring Break Anthem" (2013)
- "Diaper Money" (2013)
- "Berkeley Repertory Theatre". Berkeleyrep.org. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- Hurwitt, Robert (July 5, 2006), "Tony Taccone: Riding high on his recent successes, theater veteran has big plans for Berkeley Rep". Chronicle Theater Critic. . Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- "Jorma Taccone Biography - Yahoo! Movies". Movies.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "Channel 101—The Unavoidable Future of Entertainment". Channel101.com. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "AV Club—The Lonely Island". avclub.com. 2011-05-24. Retrieved 2011-05-24.
- "BBDO ATLANTA'S 'IT'S NOT COMPLICATED' FOR AT&T". lbbonline.co. 2012-11-30. Retrieved 2012-11-30.