José Aponte de la Torre Airport
|José Aponte de la Torre Airport
Aeropuerto internacional de Ceiba
|Airport entrance, July 2009|
|IATA: NRR – ICAO: TJRV – FAA LID: RVR|
|Owner||Puerto Rico Ports Authority|
|Serves||Ceiba, Puerto Rico|
|Elevation AMSL||38 ft / 12 m|
|Sources: Federal Aviation Administration
Passengers from the Puerto Rico Ports Authority
José Aponte de la Torre Airport (ICAO: TJRV, FAA LID: RVR) is a public use airport owned by Puerto Rico Ports Authority and located 2 NM (3.7 km; 2.3 mi) from the central business district of Ceiba, a town in Puerto Rico. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation airport. The airport also offers scheduled passenger service via three commercial airlines to the islands of Vieques and Culebra, Puerto Rico.
José Aponte de la Torre Airport covers an area of 1,646 acres (666 ha) at an elevation of 38 ft (12 m) above mean sea level. It has one operating runway designated 7/25 with asphalt and concrete surface measuring 11,000 ft × 150 ft (3,353 m × 46 m). There is also a closed runway designated 18/36 which measures 5,800 ft × 100 ft (1,768 m × 30 m).
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service at this airport:
|Air Flamenco||Culebra, Vieques|
|Isla Nena Air||Culebra, Vieques|
|Vieques Air Link||Vieques|
|M&N Aviation||Charter flights|
- FAA Airport Master Record for RVR ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB)". National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Puerto Rico's newest airport opens on old Navy base". Associated Press via USA Today. November 24, 2008.
- Air Flamenco
- Isla Nena Air Services, Inc.
- Vieques Air Link: Schedule
- M&N Aviation: Services
- Resources for this airport: