José Luis de Jesús
|José Luis de Jesús Miranda|
|Born||José Luis de Jesús Miranda
April 22, 1946
Ponce, Puerto Rico
|Other names||El Anticristo (The Antichrist)
Jesucristo Hombre (The man Christ jesus)
|Religion||Growing in Grace
Creciendo En Gracia Inc.
José Luis de Jesús Miranda (born April 22, 1946 in Ponce, Puerto Rico) is the leader of the Creciendo en Gracia sect (Growing In Grace International Ministry, Inc.), based in Miami, Florida. He claims to be both Jesus Christ returned and the Antichrist, and exhibits a "666" tattoo on his forearm. He has refers to himself as Jesucristo Hombre, which translates to "Jesus Christ, the Man".
In 2007 the Dallas Morning News reported that de Jesús "preaches to followers in some 35 nations, mostly in Latin America, and has 287 radio programs and a 24-hour Spanish and English-language TV network ."
He claimed to have two million followers in 30 countries, although experts have not been able to verify this.
Miranda has churches throughout the United States and several countries.
- Creciendo En Gracia Inc. 7859 NW 99th St, Hialeah, FL 33016
De Jesús' broadcasts are received in over 103 countries every Wednesday and Sunday.
Opposed to "God blessed you" because we are already Blessed with every spiritual blessing Eph. 1:3 Opposed to Hallelujah because the spirit claims "Abba Father" Rom. 8:15 You are a perfect spirit, according to, Heb 10:14 The devil was destroyed, according to, Heb 2:14 You are gods, according to, Psalm 82:6 Transformation 1 COR.15:53-54 & FIL. 3:21 Free from sin Heb. 9:26-28 666-wisdom and prosperity, according to 1King 10:14 and Rev.13:18
In early 2007 he claimed that he was the Antichrist. He states that the term is appropriate because people are no longer to follow the "Jewish teachings" of Jesus of Nazareth, but rather to follow the Apostle Paul's teachings through De Jesús. According to De Jesús, "Antichrist" means "no longer following Jesus of Nazareth as he lived in the days of his flesh".
Most recently, followers have shown their support by getting "666" tattoos on their bodies. "666", de Jesús says, is not a sign of the Devil (he preaches that the Devil was destroyed(Heb 2:14)), but the number of the Antichrist. A gallery of followers tattooed with the number of his name, 666, may be seen on his official website.
Jesús and his followers celebrate Christmas each year on April 22, as this is the day de Jesús was born and therefore they claim it is the "real" Christmas.
According to Axel Cooley (one of the North American representatives), on transformation day members would have supposedly been able to walk through walls and go through fire and not get burned. José Luis stated that his transformation and that of his followers would occur on 30 June 2012. According to his believers, as of 30 June 2012, "This transformation indeed occurred in the minds of his followers but only those indoctrinated by the Father of the Spirits could understand this transformation. The transformation has now moved to the next step as with the principle of "La Misma Manera" that derives from the gospel of incircumcision. This generation demands an explanation about this process but no explanation would be given other than that given to the generation living in Jonah's time, it is in the gospel preached by Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda in the gospel of the incircumcision and if you were not chosen to understand you would not be able to get transformed."
- Arian Campo-Flores (2007-10-11). "He Calls Himself God". Newsweek. Archived from the original on 2010-05-23. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- "'Scarborough Country' for August 25". MSNBC. August 28, 2006. Retrieved 2007-02-22.
- "The Man Who Claims To Be Jesus". CBS 4. September 12, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-02-17. Retrieved 2007-02-22.
- "Crowd Packs Amphitheater For Man Claiming He's Jesus Christ Reincarnated". local6.com. May 6, 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-07.
- "Miami-based 'Antichrist' banned from Guatemala". Dallas Morning News. April 22, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-25.
- "A Different Jesus to Believe In?".
- "Miami Church Brands Members With '666' Tattoos". Fox News Channel. February 24, 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-04.
- "CNN.com Video". CNN. Retrieved May 7, 2010.
- "Jesus Christ Celebrates his Birthday Yesterday on Bissonnet". Houston Press. April 23, 2009.
- Cotroneo, Christian (May 2, 2012). "Jose Luis De Jesus Miranda: End Of The World Is Nigh (Again)". The Huffington Post. Retrieved December 6, 2012.