Flores playing for Swansea City in 2013
|Full name||José Manuel Flores Moreno|
|Date of birth||6 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Cádiz, Spain|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007||→ Portuense (loan)||19||(3)|
|2008||→ Barcelona B (loan)||13||(2)|
|2011–2012||→ Mallorca (loan)||33||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Early years / Almería
Born in Cádiz, Andalusia, Chico started playing professionally with hometown club Cádiz CF, first with its reserves. In the 2006–07 season, with the main squad in Segunda División, he appeared in three league games.
Chico served two loans in 2007–08, first at Racing Club Portuense then with FC Barcelona B, helping the Catalans win promotion to Segunda División B. At the end of the campaign he signed with Cádiz neighbours UD Almería, in La Liga.
In 2009–10 Chico contributed with 27 matches as the club again maintained its top flight status, after finishing in 13th position. He also spent more than one month in the sidelines, due to leg ailments.
In late July 2010, after extensive negotiations, Chico signed with Genoa C.F.C. in Italy, for five years and €4 million. He appeared in less than half of the Serie A games in his first and only season.
On 22 July 2011, RCD Mallorca reached an agreement with Genoa to take Chico on a season-long loan, with the Balearic Islands side having an option to buy the player at the end of the campaign. He totalled 2,884 minutes of action as either a right or centre-back, starting in all his appearances for an eventual eighth-place finish.
On 10 July 2012, Chico signed for Premier League side Swansea City for £2 million on a three-year contract, rejoining former Mallorca boss Michael Laudrup in the process. He made his league debut on 18 August, playing the full 90 minutes in a 5–0 away win against Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road.
On 1 September 2012, Chico was given a straight red card after 71 minutes of play in the 2–2 home draw against Sunderland, for a challenge on Louis Saha – referee Roger East decided it was too high and sent him off for dangerous play. On 6 April of the following year, he signed a one-year contract extension, meant to keep him at the club until June 2016.
On 9 August 2014 Lekhwiya SC, owned by Qatar's ruler emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, announced the signing of Flores, who had arrived to Doha two days earlier for the pertinent medical. He reunited with former Swansea manager Michael Laudrup, and scored in his Stars League debut for his new club, a 5–0 win over Qatar SC in the first match of the season.
In October 2008, Chico made his debut for the Spanish under-21s. He was called for the squad participating at the 2009 UEFA European Football Championship in Sweden, participating in the 0–0 group stage draw against Germany.
- Swansea City
- As of 11 May 2014
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Domestic Cup||Continental||Total|
|Spain||League||Copa del Rey||—||—||Europe||Total|
|2007–08||Portuense||Segunda División B||19||3||—||—||—||—||19||3|
|2007–08||Barcelona B||Tercera División||13||2||—||—||—||—||13||2|
|Spain||League||Copa del Rey||—||—||Europe||Total|
|Wales & England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||—||Europe||Total|
|2012–13||Swansea City||Premier League||26||0||2||0||4||1||—||—||32||1|
|Qatar||League||Emir Cup||Sheikh Jassem Cup||Crown Prince Cup||Asia||Total|
- "Barclays Premier League squad numbers 2013/14". Premier League. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- El central gaditano Chico estará de baja varias semanas (Cádiz centre-back Chico will miss several weeks); Almería's official website, 16 March 2010 (Spanish)
- El marcaje a Xavi lleva a Chico al Genoa (Marking Xavi takes Chico to Genoa); Marca, 21 July 2010 (Spanish)
- "Chico deja el Almería por el Genoa" [Chico leaves Almería for Genoa]. UEFA.com. 22 July 2010. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Acuerdo por 'Chico' (Agreement for 'Chico'); Mallorca's official website, 22 July 2011 (Spanish)
- "Swansea City complete signing of defender Jose Manuel Flores". BBC Sport. 10 July 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Michu magic inspires Swansea rout". ESPN Soccernet. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Swansea City 2–2 Sunderland". ESPN Soccernet. 2 September 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "Chico Flores signs one-year extension with Swansea City". BBC Sport. 6 April 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "Not you again! Furious Allardyce blasts Flores as 'over-exaggeration' gets Carroll sent off". Daily Mail. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Chico Flores signs deal with Lekhwiya; Lekhwiya's official website, 9 August 2014
- "Chico (UD Almería) jugó de titular con la selección española sub-21" [Chico (UD Almería) started for Spanish under-21 national team]. Join Futbol. 16 June 2009. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Chico". Soccerway. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to José Manuel Flores.|
- Mallorca official profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- Stats and bio at Cadistas1910 (Spanish)