José Mariano de Conceição Vellozo
José Mariano de Conceição Vellozo (also called José Mariano da Conceição Veloso) (1742 – 1811) was a Brazilian botanist who catalogued specimens, for example: Cedrela fissilis Vell. in Florae Fluminensis (1825–27; 1831). He was born in Tiradentes, formerly called São José do Rio das Mortes, state of Minas Gerais; and died in Rio de Janeiro, state of Rio de Janeiro.
- Dickson James; Vellozo (ed.) Plantarum Cryptogamicarum Britanniae Lusitanorum Botanicorum (1800)
- Florae Fluminensis (1825–27; 1831) Main work
- O Fazendeiro do Brasil (1798–1806)
- Carauta, J. P. P. The Text of Vellozo's Flora Fluminensis and Its Effective Date of Publication Taxon, Vol. 22, No. 2/3 (May, 1973), pp. 281–284.
- (Portuguese) José Mariano da Conceição Veloso Biography
|This article about a Brazilian botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|