|Full name||José Alberto Soto Gómez|
|Date of birth||January 11, 1970|
|Place of birth||Lima, Peru|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Center back|
|León de Huánuco (Manager)|
|2008||Alianza Lima (caretaker manager)|
|2009–2011||Alianza Lima (assistant manager)|
|2013–||León de Huánuco|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of March 2008.
† Appearances (Goals).
- This article is about the Peruvian football manager. For the Puerto Rican politician known as "Chemo", see José Chemo Soto.
José Alberto "Pepe" Soto Gómez (born January 11, 1970 in Lima) is a Peruvian football manager and former player. Nicknamed "Pepe," he played as a central defender and spent the majority of his playing career with Alianza Lima. He currently manages Carlos A. Mannucci from Peruvian Second Division.
Soto obtained 75 international caps for the Peru national team, scoring three goals. He made his debut on November 25, 1992 in a 1-1 draw against Ecuador, and played his last international match at age 33 in a World Cup qualifying defeat against Chile on September 9, 2003. Soto's international career included the Copa America tournaments of 1993, 1995, 1999, and 2001.
- "Alianza Lima confirma a Jose Soto como tecnico para temporada 2012" (in Spanish). ClubAlianzaLima.com. 17 December 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Caudillos coincidentes" (in Spanish). dechalaca.com. 13 April 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- Official website
- International statistics at rsssf
- José Soto at National-Football-Teams.com
- Jose Soto at footballdatabase.eu
- (Spanish) Del Gol website