José Dominguez (baseball)
Dominguez with the Los Angeles Dodgers
Tampa Bay Rays
August 7, 1990 |
San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic
|June 30, 2013 for the Los Angeles Dodgers|
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||6.14|
Los Angeles Dodgers
Dominguez was signed by the Los Angeles Dodgers for $50,000 as a 16 year old in 2007. He pitched for the Dodgers Dominican Summer League team from 2008-2010. In September 2009, he was suspended 50 games for violating the Minor League Drug Prevention program, when he tested positive for Stanozolol, a performance enhancing drug.
In 2011 he moved to the U.S. based leagues and pitched for the Ogden Raptors and Arizona League Dodgers. In 2012 he began in Class-A with the Great Lakes Loons and was promoted to AA with the Chattanooga Lookouts.
He was suspended again, for violating the minor league drug policy in November 2012, receiving a 25-game suspension. After serving the suspension at the start of the 2013 season, he rejoined Chattanooga, where he had a 2.60 ERA in 14 games with 28 strikeouts. He was quickly promoted to the Triple-A Albuquerque Isotopes. In 8 games in AAA, he had 12 strikeouts in 8 innings without allowing a run.
His contract was purchased and he was called up to the Dodgers on June 29, 2013. He made his debut in relief on June 30 against the Philadelphia Phillies and retired the 3 batters he faced. He appeared in 9 games, with a 2.16 ERA before he was shut down with a quad strain. In 2014 he again spent most of the season with the Isotopes, where he was in 31 games and had a 3.24 ERA with 10 saves. In 5 games with the Dodgers, he allowed 8 runs in 6.1 innings for a 11.37 ERA. He was not called up in September because he was dealing with an arm injury he suffered in the minor leagues.
Tampa Bay Rays
- Hernandez, Dylan (June 29, 2013). "Dodgers call up 100-mph fireballer Jose Dominguez". Latimes.com. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Major League Baseball (September 14, 2009). "MLB suspends two for stanozolol". Milb.com. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- "Dodgers prospect Dominguez suspended". Mlb.mlb.com. May 24, 2013. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- "Dodgers select the contract of Jose Dominguez from Triple-A Albuquerque; option Peter Moylan". Losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com. June 29, 2013. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Austin Laymance (August 28, 2013). "Dominguez not expected to be part of Dodgers' callups". Losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com. Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- Stephen, Eric (November 20, 2014). "Dodgers acquire Joel Peralta, Adam Liberatore in 4-player trade with Rays". truebluela.com. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)