José Luis Gayá
|Full name||José Luis Gayá Peña|
|Date of birth||25 May 1995|
|Place of birth||Ondara, Spain|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Ondara, Alicante, Valencian Community, Gayá was a product of Valencia CF's youth system. He made his senior debuts with the reserves at not yet 17, playing 21 minutes in a 1–0 away win against Andorra CF for the third division championship. It would be his only appearance of the season.
On 30 October 2012 Gayá appeared in his first official game with the main squad, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2–0 win at UE Llagostera for the campaign's Copa del Rey. He made his first appearance in the UEFA Europa League on 12 December of the following year, in a 1–1 group stage home draw against FC Kuban Krasnodar.
Gayá played his first game in La Liga with the Che on 27 April 2014, starting and featuring the full 90 minutes in a 0–1 home loss against eventual champions Atlético Madrid. On 3 August he scored the first goal in a 3–1 win over S.L. Benfica, in that year's Emirates Cup.
Gayá was made a starter by new manager Nuno Espírito Santo in 2014–15. He scored his first goal as a professional and in the Spanish top flight on 25 September 2014, grabbing his team's second in a 3–0 home success against Córdoba CF.
- As of 21 December 2014
- El Valencia resuelve a balón parado (Valencia gets job done through set pieces); Marca, 30 October 2012 (Spanish)
- Kuban exit after Valencia draw; UEFA.com 12 December 2013
- Garcia goal opens up gap; ESPN FC, 27 April 2014
- Benfica 1–3 Valencia — Match report; Arsenal's official website, 3 August 2014
- Alcácer, Gayà y Feghouli traen el liderato (Alcácer, Gayà and Feghouli bring first place); Super Deporte, 26 September 2014 (Spanish)
- José Luis Gayá at ESPN FC