José Luis Martí
|Full name||José Luis Martí Soler|
|Date of birth||28 April 1975|
|Place of birth||Palma, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2008||→ Real Sociedad (loan)||22||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
José Luis Martí Soler (born 28 April 1975 in Palma, Majorca, Balearic Islands) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for RCD Mallorca. A central midfielder, he is best known for his excellent tactical awareness.
Having starting playing professionally with hometown's RCD Mallorca, making his first-team debuts at the age of already 25 in the 1999–2000 season (one game, one minute against Deportivo Alavés), Martí switched the following campaign to the Canary Islands, joining CD Tenerife in the second division and being instrumental in the team's promotion to La Liga.
After Tenerife's top level relegation, Martí played one more season with the club, then returned to the main category as he joined Sevilla FC in July 2003, going on to become a regular in the Andalusian side's exploits in the subsequent years – for instance, as it won back-to-back UEFA Cups, he appeared in 24 matches combined scoring two goals, both through penalties.
In May 2007, Martí extended his contract with Sevilla until 2010. However, having lost his importance in 2007–08, he was loaned to second level team Real Sociedad in January 2008, but the Basque ultimately failed to return to the top level.
33-year-old Martí returned to Mallorca in July 2008, being an undisputed starter in the first year upon his return and the following, when the Balearic Islands club was edged in the last matchday for the final berth for the UEFA Champions League, precisely by former side Sevilla. Again from the penalty spot he netted his only goal of the season, at Sporting de Gijón on 4 October 2009 (1–4 defeat).
- UEFA Cup: 2005–06, 2006–07
- UEFA Super Cup: 2006; Runner-up 2007
- Copa del Rey: 2006–07
- Supercopa de España: 2007
- Palop ensures cup joy for Sevilla; UEFA.com, 16 May 2007
- El Sevilla roza las semifinales de la UEFA tras golear al Zenit (Sevilla nearing UEFA semifinals after routing Zenit); Marca, 30 March 2006 (Spanish)
- El Sevilla tropieza con el Shakhtar y tendrá que ganar en Ucrania (Sevilla stumbles against Shakhtar and will have to win in Ukraine); Marca, 8 March 2007 (Spanish)
- Sevilla midfielder Martí extends until 2010; On the Minute, 11 May 2007
- Martí, cedido a la Real Sociedad (Martí, loaned to Real Sociedad); Sevilla's official website, 16 January 2008 (Spanish)
- Miguel at the double in Sporting win; ESPN Soccernet, 4 October 2009