José Luis Rodríguez Pittí
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2012)|
|José Luis Rodríguez Pittí|
José Luis Rodríguez Pittí at Buenos Aires International Book Expo
29 March 1971 |
Panama City, Panama
|Occupation||Writer, Photographer, Professor|
|Genres||Fiction, Essays, Short stories, Poetry, Documentary photography|
José Luis Rodríguez Pittí (born 29 March 1971) is a contemporary writer, videoartist and documentary photographer. He was born in Panamá.
He is the author of short stories, poems and essays and published the books "Panamá Blues" (Panamá, 2010, ISBN 978-9962-683-02-5), "miniTEXTOS" (Flash fiction anthology, Panamá, 2008), "Sueños urbanos" (Panamá, 2008, ISBN 9962-00-473-X), "Crónica de invisibles" (Panamá, 1999, ISBN 9962-802-06-7) and "Sueños" (Panamá, 1994). Most of his stories and essays were published in literary magazines and newspapers. Some of his stories were selected to be part of the anthologies "Hasta el sol de mañana" (Editorial Signos, 1998), "Panamá cuenta" (Editorial Norma, 2003), "La minificción en Panamá" (Universidad de Bogotá, 2003), "Sueño compartido" (Universal Books, 2005) and "Cuento que te quiero cuento" (9Signos Grupo Editorial, 2007).
In 1994, the Universidad de Panamá awarded him with the Premio "Darío Herrera" for his book "Sueños". Other literary honors received are Accesit in the Premio Nacional "Signos" 1993 (Panamá), Concurso Nacional de Cuentos "José María Sánchez" 1998 (Panamá), Concurso "Amadís de Gaula" 1999 (Soria, España) and the Concurso "Maga" de Cuento Corto 2001 (Panamá).
President of the Writers Association of Panama from 2008 to 2010. Founder and President of Fundación El Hacedor (since 2007).
From 1990 to 1995 he traveled extensively in the Panamanian region of Azuero to collect stories and photograph, the body of three photo essays: "Viernes Santo en Pesé", "Cuadernos de Azuero", and "Noche de carnaval". Other photography essays are "De diablos, diablicos y otros seres de la mitología panameña" and "Regee Child". In 1994 he won the Premio Canon "Día de la Tierra". Some of his photographs are cover art of books published in Panamá. His work has been exhibited in Panamá, México and Italy.
Graduated from the Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá, was Computer Vision, Programming Languages and Artificial Intelligence Professor at the Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá and Universidad Santa María la Antigua.
- Jose Luis Rodriguez Pitti — Information about the author in the database maintained by the Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá (in Spanish).
- Noticias: literatura en Panamá — Weekly newsletter from the Asociación de Escritores de Panamá (in Spanish).
- miniTEXTOS.org — Very short stories, poems and essays, presented by the author (in Spanish).
- El Hacedor — Literary foundation created by the author, responsible of the Arts and Literature Festival at Veraguas (in Spanish).
- la hoja — Radio program about the author (in Spanish).
- Hacia una literatura de las muchas culturas — Essay about the contemporary literature in Panamá (in Spanish).
- A 468 años del primer cuento "panameño" — Essay about the history of the short-story genre in Panamá (in Spanish).
- Piel de tigre — Short stories, essays and photographs by the author (in Spanish).
- ZoneZero — Photographic portfolio by the author.
- Guatemala Times — Guatemala Book Fair and The Writers Meeting.
- Portfolio — Photographic portfolio by Jose Luis Rodriguez Pitti.