José Manuel González
|Track and field (athletics)|
|Competitor for Spain|
|1992 Barcelona||4×100 m relay C5–8|
|1992 Barcelona||200 metres - C8|
|1992 Barcelona||400 metres - C8|
|1996 Atlanta||400 metres - T37|
|IPC Athletics World Championships|
|2006 Assen||1500 m T36|
|2011 Christchurch||800 m T36|
|2011 Christchurch||1500 m T36|
|IPC Athletics European Championships|
|2014 Swansea||800 m T36|
González was born in Gijón, Asturias on 19 September 1970 and lived in Tremañes, Asturias in 2012 The 2012 Asturias Day celebrations were held at the Asturian Parliament, and he was a participant in the awarding of the Medals of Asturias component, receiving a silver one for his Paralympic sportsmanship.
González has competed in a total of six Summer Paralympics, first competing in the 1992 Games in Barcelona where he won bronze in the 200m and 400m C8 sprints and silver in the C5-C8 100m relay. In Atlanta in 1996 he again competed in the relay and 200m but his only medal was a second bronze in the 400m. This would prove to be his last medal as he failed to medal in the 400m or either relay in the 2000 Summer Paralympics, at the 2004 Summer Paralympics he competed in the 400m, 800m and 4x400m relay and at the 2008 Summer Paralympics he competed in the 800m. 
In May 2012, González was on the shortlist of Spanish sportspeople from Asturias likely to compete at the London Paralympics. Competing at the 2012 Summer Paralympics, he finished fifth in the 800 meters with a time of 2:15.99. He was one of four competitors from Asturias to compete at the Games.
- "Datos Biografía". Paralimpicos.es. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Solidaridad Digital — Cinco deportistas de Asturias, en los Juegos Paralímpicos de Londres" (in Spanish). Spain: Solidaridaddigital.es. 31 May 2012. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- Oviedo (2011-12-28). "Los actos del Día de Asturias comienzan este viernes con el pleno institucional y la entrega de medallas". 20minutos.es. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- Oviedo (2011-12-28). "El Principado concede la Medalla de Oro de Asturias a título póstumo a Sergio Marqués". 20minutos.es. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "La nadadora española Michelle Alonso bate un récord mundial en los paralímpicos de Londres". 20minutos.es. 2011-12-28. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- Badajoz (2012-03-17). "Catorce atletas extremeños compiten este fin de semana en el Campeonato de España de Atletismo Paralímpico". 20minutos.es. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Cuatro deportistas paralímpicos asturianos participarán en Londres 2012. El Comercio". Elcomercio.es. Retrieved 2014-01-05.