José de la Cuesta
|Full name||José Julián de la Cuesta Herrera|
|Date of birth||10 February 1983|
|Place of birth||Medellín, Colombia|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2002||→ Untersiebenbrunn (loan)|
|2006–2007||→ Valladolid (loan)||10||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 February 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Medellín, de la Cuesta started playing football with local Atlético Nacional. In January 2004, after an unassuming spell in Austria and a brief return to his first club, he signed with Spain's Cádiz CF, where he would remain for the better part of the following six 1/2 seasons.
With the Andalusia outfit, de la Cuesta competed in all three major levels of Spanish football. He played 15 games in La Liga in the 2005–06 campaign, which ended in relegation; his best output consisted of 25 matches and one goal in 2007–08, with his team also dropping down a level, now from the second division.
Released by Cádiz in the 2010 summer, de la Cuesta joined another side in the country, Albacete Balompié, having his season curtailed after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury to his left knee and again suffering team relegation from the second level.
- "José Julián de la Cuesta, con rotura de ligamento, agradece apoyo del Cádiz" [José Julián de la Cuesta, with ruptured ligament, thanks Cádiz support] (in Spanish). El Colombiano. 13 April 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "La pareja perfecta" [The perfect pair] (in Spanish). El Tiempo. 16 December 2003. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- José de la Cuesta – FIFA competition record
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- José de la Cuesta at National-Football-Teams.com
- Stats and bio at Cadistas1910 (Spanish)
- Austria Wien archives (German)