Jose Mari Gonzales
||This biographical article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2013)|
|Born||Jose Mari Gonzales
June 15, 1942
Tacloban City, Philippines
|Spouse(s)||Charito Malarky (1964-present)|
Jose Mari, first entered the movies at the age of 17 in the late '50s. He appeared in Ulilang Anghel (1958), Tawag Ng Tanghalan (1958), Mga Anghel Sa Lansangan (1959), Handsome (1959) and Baby Face (1959). He became a matinee idol in Sampaguita Pictures. He did movies at '60s in Beatnik (1960) with Susan Roces, Joey, Eddie, Lito (1961) with Eddie Gutierrez and Lito Legaspi, Operatang Sampay Bakod (1961) with Amalia Fuentes and Dolphy, Tindahan Ni Aling Epang (1961) with Liberty Ilagan, Kaming Mga Talyada (1962) where he played gay roles together with Juancho Gutierrez, Dindo Fernando and Barbara Perez among others.
In the '60s, Jose Mari-Liberty Ilagan became a loveteam in Sampaguita Pictures movies. Larry Santiago Productions continued their team-up in the 1966 picture Dearest One.
In 1971, Gonzales elected as the first president of the Philippine Recording Industry Association (PRIA).
Jose Mari was born in Tacloban City. He studied in La Salle. His major was Electronics and Communication Engineering.
He is married to Charito Malarky, a former model of Spanish and British ancestry. Their paths first crossed when she was twelve and he, seventeen. He is the father of actresses Cristina Gonzales (wife of Mayor Alfred Romualdez) and Ana Margarita Gonzales.
During the term of President Cory Aquino, Jose Mari was made the Director of the Bureau of Broadcast. In 1994, when then President Fidel Ramos appointed him as RPN 9's top honcho. As a TV executive, he reinvented the telenovela's Marimar and La Traidora, dubbed to Tagalog.
- 1966 Viva Ranchera
- 1965 Ana Roberta
- 1965 Maria Cecilia
- 1964 Show Business
- 1964 Let's Go
- 1964 The Nite Owl
- 1963 Ako'y Ibigin Mo, Dalagang Matapang
- 1963 King And Queen For A day
- 1963 Amaliang Mali-Mali Vs. Susanang Daldal
- 1963 Dance O-Rama
- 1962 Barilan Sa Baboy Kural
- 1962 The Big Broadcast
- 1962 Kaming Mga Talyada
- 1962 Pitong Kalbaryo Ni Inang
- 1961 Joey, Eddie, Lito
- 1960 7 Amores
- 1960 Amy, Susie, & Tessie
- 1960 Laura
- 1959 Baby Face
- 1959 Handsome
- 1958 Tawag Ng Tanghalan
- 1958 Ulilang Angel
- http://www.pep.ph/spotlight/finder/15719/former-actress-anna-margarita-gonzales-seeks-help-to-have-her-children-back "Former actress Anna Margarita Gonzales seeks help to have her children back"
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1395620/ "Jose Mari Gonzales"
- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1395620/bio "Biography for Jose Mari Gonzales"
- http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/663250/joey-and-libay-outside-sampaguita "Joey and Libay outside Sampaguita"
- http://movie-industry.blogspot.com/2007/06/jose-mari-gonzales.html "Movie Celebrities Then and Now: Jose Mari Gonzales"
- http://www.newsflash.org/199807/sb/sb000484.htm "Kring-Kring WEDS IMELDA'S NEPHEW IN OCTOBER"
- http://www.whoislog.info/profile/jose-mari-1.html "Jose Mari"
- http://www.reocities.com/sampaguita-pictures/index.html "Sampaguita Pictures, Inc."