Josef Preishuber-Pflügl is an Austrian RFID and IoT expert who is and was project editor of various international RFID standards as ISO/IEC 18000-4, ISO/IEC 18000-6, ISO/IEC 18000-63,ISO/IEC 18000-7, ISO/IEC 29143, ISO/IEC 29167 and ISO/IEC 29167-1.
Josef was a design engineer, project manager and product manager at Philips Semiconductors, where we started to get involved in RFID with his diploma thesis. His work led him through the development of LF (<135 kHz), HF (13.56 MHz) and UHF (860-960 MHz) RFID products and systems.
Changing to CISC Semiconductor GmbH in 2003 Josef setup the companies RFID activities expanded the international standardization work on RFID. He became convener of ISO/IEC JTC1 SC31 WG3/SG1 "RFID performance and conformance test methods", which continued its work as WG4/SG6 since 2008. The group developed the performance and conformance standards ISO/IEC 18046 and ISO/IEC 18047 applicable for ISO/IEC 18000 RFID testing. Currently, he is driver in standardization in ISO/IEC, CENELEC, ETSI and EPCglobal.
- Homepage Josef Preishuber-Pflügl. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- CISC Semiconductor GmbH. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- Work in EU FP7 project GRIFS. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- RFID Simulator Aims to Cut Deployment Time. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- EU-China Internet of Things. Retrieved 2010-11-08.