Joseph Anderson (American football)
No. -- Free Agent
|Date of birth:November 21, 1988|
|Place of birth: Texarkana, Texas|
|High school: Texarkana (TX) Texas|
|College: Louisiana Tech, Texas Southern|
|Undrafted in 2012|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Chicago Bears|
Career NFL statistics
Joseph Anderson (born November 21, 1988) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Chicago Bears after going undrafted in the 2012 NFL Draft. He played at college at Louisiana Tech and Texas Southern.
After graduating from Texas High School, Anderson attended Louisiana Tech University before transferring to Texas Southern, where he played for three years, playing in 34 games. He recorded 154 catches for 2010 yards and 13 touchdowns. Anderson also served as return specialist, returning 16 kickoffs for 289 yards. In his final season, Anderson caught 47 passes for 638 yards and four touchdowns, finishing sixth in the Southwestern Athletic Conference for receptions per game and ninth for receiving yards per game.
Anderson was not drafted in the 2012 NFL Draft, and was later called by the Chicago Bears. After rookie minicamp, Anderson was officially signed by the team. In the third preseason game against the New York Giants, Anderson broke free to score the game-winning touchdown. On August 31, Anderson was among the final cuts, though he was later signed to the practice squad the following day. On October 30, Anderson was released from the practice squad, and replaced by Raymond Radway. Anderson was later brought back on November 6. He was later activated to the active roster after Robbie Gould was placed on injured reserve. After being activated to the active roster, Anderson stated that he will be active against the Green Bay Packers. Anderson was mainly used on special teams, and against the Packers, Anderson nearly blocked a punt, and body-slammed Randall Cobb on a kickoff, though the Bears still lost 21-13.
- Potash, Mark (2012-12-13). "WR Joe Anderson ready to take the ball and run with it". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- "TSU's Joe Anderson Signs with the Chicago Bears". Texas Southern Tigers. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- Biggs, Brad (2012-05-13). "QB Blanchard among 7 players signed by Bears". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- Chamberlain, Gene (2012-08-26). "Bears Extra Points: Longshot WR Joe Anderson catches Lovie's eye". CBS Sports. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- Mayer, Larry (2012-08-31). "Bears reach 53-man roster limit". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Mayer, Larry (2012-09-01). "Bears sign eight to practice squad". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- Wright, Michael C. (2012-10-30). "Bears add WR Radway to practice squad". ESPN. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- "Bears re-sign Anderson to practice squad". Chicago Tribune. 2012-11-06. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- The Sports Network (2012-12-11). "Bears place Gould on IR, sign Olindo Mare". The Kansas City Star. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- Mayer, Larry (2012-12-16). "Larry Mayer's Bears-Packers blog". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- Armour, Nancy (2012-12-16). "Packers clinch NFC North with 21-13 win over Bears". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- "Bears Place WR Joe Anderson On IR". WBBM-TV. 2013-11-05. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "Twitter / BradBiggs". Twitter. 2013-11-11. Retrieved 2013-11-11.