|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (December 2009)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California
|Key people||Joseph Pedott, founder|
|Products||Chia Pet, The Clapper, more...|
Joseph Enterprises, Inc is a gadget company which is owned by Joseph Pedott and based in San Francisco, California, United States, North America. Its two most popular items are The Clapper and the Chia Pet.[clarification needed]
The Clapper, whose slogan is "Clap On! Clap Off!", was first sold to the public on September 1, 1985. A trademark was filed on the brand name "Clapper" with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on July 9, 1986 A design patent was applied for on November 13, 1985 which was issued as D299127 on December 27, 1988. The apparatus was used for activating switches in response to different acoustic signals.
The Chia Pet was first used on September 8, 1977, and although its name is trademarked, the Chia Pet is not a patented invention. The first Chia Pet was the ram, marketed and distributed in 1977 although the trademark was not applied for until 1998.
- Chia Pet
- The Clapper
- Smart Clapper
- Clapper Plus
- Classic Pen Set
- Creosote Sweeping Log
- The 'Ove' Glove
- Garden Claw
- VCR Co-Pilot (known in the UK as Video Co-Pilot)
- Mandle Candle (available only in the UK)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. Trademark Applications and Registrations Retrieval (TARR). Retrieved on 2007-11-29 from http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=73608656.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. USPTO Patent Full-Text and Image Database. Retrieved on 2010-08-31 from http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=3&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=D299127&OS=D299127&RS=D299127.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. Trademark Applications and Registrations Retrieval (TARR). Retrieved on 2010-08-31 from http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=75584901.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|