Fauria with UCLA in 2012
No. 80 Detroit Lions
|Date of birth:January 16, 1990|
|Place of birth: Northridge, California|
|High school: Encino (CA) Crespi Carmelite|
|Undrafted in 2013|
|Debuted in 2013 for the Detroit Lions|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 16, 2014
Joseph Jules Fauria (born January 16, 1990) is an American football tight end for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Lions as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He played college football at Notre Dame and UCLA.
Fauria attended Crespi Carmelite High School in Encino, California. Fauria was named to the first team all-state by CalHiSports.com. He was ranked the 7th best tight end prospect in the nation and was ranked the 24th prospect in the state of California by rivals.com.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Encino, California||Crespi Carmelite High School||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)||250 lb (110 kg)||4.75||Jan 18, 2008|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 11 (TE) Rivals: 7 (TE), 184 (National), 24 (California)|
He played College football at Notre Dame then he later transferred to UCLA. On June 27, 2009, in his Sophomore year, he was suspended by Notre Dame for unknown reasons which led him to transfer to UCLA. He finished college with a total of 88 receptions, 1,139 receiving yards and 20 receiving touchdowns.
2013 Central Florida Pro Day
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 8 in||259 lb||4.77 s||1.71 s||2.79 s||4.53 s||7.49 s||35.5 in||10 ft 0 in||17 reps|
|All values from Central Florida Pro Day.|
2013 NFL Draft
2013 NFL Season
Fauria made the Lions opening day roster. He scored a touchdown in his first regular season game with the team, on a 1-yard pass from Matthew Stafford. In a Week 6 matchup against the Cleveland Browns, Fauria caught a career-high 3 touchdowns on 3 catches for 34 yards. He finished his rookie season with only 18 receptions, but seven of those resulted in a touchdown.
2014 NFL Season
Joseph Fauria is the nephew of Christian Fauria, who was also an NFL tight end from 1995 to 2007. Fauria was born in Woodland Hills, California, to Christian Fauria's older sister, Julie Ann Fauria. At Crespi Carmelite High School in Encino, California, he was a three-sport athlete, lettering in football, basketball, and volleyball. Fauria gained notoriety in his rookie year for his elaborate dances following touchdowns.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- "Joseph Fauria Rivals.com Profile". rivals.yahoo.com.
- "Joseph Fauria UCLA Profile". uclabruins.com.
- "Fauria Suspended, Will Transfer". uhnd.com. Retrieved June 27, 2009.
- "Joseph Fauria College Statistics". sports-reference.com.
- "Joseph Fauria, DS #17 TE, UCLA". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "UCLA TE Joseph Fauria among undrafted players signed by Detroit Lions". mlive.com. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "Bush dazzles, helps Lions rally past Vikings". cbssports.com. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
- "Stafford-Fauria connection leads Lions' rally past Browns". cbssports.com. Retrieved October 15, 2013.