|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 148th district
January 1, 2013
|Preceded by||Raymond W. Walter|
|Born||Joseph M. Giglio
September 12, 1954 
Buffalo, New York
|Residence||Gowanda, New York|
|Alma mater||SUNY at Buffalo|
Joseph M. "Joe" Giglio (born September 12, 1954) is a New York State Assemblyman from the 149th district, which includes all of Cattaraugus County, southern Allegany County and the easternmost towns and villages in Chautauqua County. He is a registered Republican.
As a former deputy inspector general, Giglio conducted investigations of alleged criminal activity, fraud and abuse by individuals and company officials who deal with state agencies in a region stretching from Buffalo to Syracuse to the Pennsylvania border. Prior to joining the inspector general’s office, Giglio served as a special assistant to then-state Attorney General Dennis Vacco, responsible for coordinating efforts with all branches of government.
Giglio ascended to the Assembly due to a series of events following the death of former New York State Assemblywoman and Senator Patricia McGee, defeating Cattaraugus County legislator Carmen Vecchiarella in a special election on June 28, 2005. He won re-election in 2006 over Cattaraugus County legislator Linda Witte and again in 2008 over town of Allegany County supervisor Patrick Eaton. He faced Travis Lecceadone in the 2010 general election.
Giglio received a bachelor's degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He and his wife Ann Marie reside in the village of Gowanda, New York with three of their children, while a grown son resides in nearby Salamanca.
Election results 
- November 2006 general election, NYS Assembly, 149th AD
- November 2008 general election, NYS Assembly, 149th AD
- November 2010 general election, NYS Assembly, 149th AD
- "State Assembly: Joseph M. Giglio (R-C-I), District 149". Capitol Info. Archived from the original on March 24, 2011. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- "Assembly District 149, Joe Giglio: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- "Special Election Results, 149th Assembly District: June 28, 2005" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2005. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 7, 2006" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 14, 2006. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 4, 2008. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 13, 2010. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
|New York Assembly|
Catharine M. Young
|New York State Assembly, 149th District
July 2005 – December 31, 2012
Sean M. Ryan
Raymond W. Walter
|New York State Assembly, 148th District
January 1, 2013 – present