|Joseph Lau Luen-hung|
|Born||1951 (age 63–64)
|Alma mater||University of Windsor|
|Occupation||Chairman of Chinese Estates Holdings|
|Net worth||US$5.8 billion|
|Spouse(s)||Bo Wing-kam 寶詠琴|
|Partner(s)||Yvonne Lui 呂麗君 (2002 - present)
Chan Hoi-wan 陳凱韻 (2003 - present)
|Relatives||Thomas Lau (younger brother)|
Joseph Lau Luen Hung (Chinese: 劉鑾雄) (Born 1951 in Hong Kong with family roots in Chaozhou, Guangdong) is a billionaire Hong Kong real estate investor who owns a 61% stake in Chinese Estates Holdings. His fortune is estimated by Forbes at $4.3 billion.
In May 2007, Lau was revealed to be among the first seven purchasers of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner jet for private use. And on 7 November 2007, he made the top purchase of the evening at a Sotheby's auction by paying $39.2 million for Paul Gauguin's Te Poipoi, a painting of a Tahitian scene.
2012 Corruption case
On 31 May 2012, the Macau Court of Final Appeal confirmed that Lau and Steven Lo Kit-sing were involved in the case of offering Macau's former public works chief Ao Man-long HK$20 million over the bid for five plots of land opposite Macau International Airport. Lau and Lo were charged with bribery and money laundering. They both denied the charges and Lo earlier told the court that the HK$20 million was a preliminary payment for construction company San Meng Fai. A trial is scheduled in Macau in 2013.
Lau married Bo Wing-kam(24 January 1954 — 20 April 2003) in 1977 and they were divorced in 1992. Their two children are son Lau Ming-wai(b.1980) and daughter Jade Lau Sau-yung (b. 1983). Lau Ming-wai is vice-chairman of Chinese Estates Group and is on the steering committee of the HK$10 billion Community Care Fund, begun in 2010. In 2011, he was part of Henry Tang's election team on Tang's campaign to be chief executive.In 2008, Joseph Lau became the grandfather of boy-girl twins.
In 2001, Joseph Lau met Yvonne Lui, then aged approximately 24. The pair have a daughter (b. 1993) and a son (b. 2010). Meanwhile, Lau also has a long-term relationship with Chan Hoi-wan, the pair also have a daughter (b. 2008) and a son (b.2012).
- Forbes "129 Joseph Lau", ‘’Forbes’’
- "Board of Directors". Chinese Estates Group. 2012. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "#247 Joseph Lau". Forbes. 5 March 2008.
- ABC News: ABC News
- (German) Sothebys Auction - Portfolio.com
- Stephen Jones "Article 15. Joseph Lau: £3.937b", Sunday Times Rich List 2011, 9 May 2011
- Lai, Tony (19 September 2013) "Joseph Lau revamps legal team midway through corruption trial". Macau Business Daily.
- The man on Henry Tang's coat-tails, SCMP, Alex Lo, 28 Nov 2011
- Olsen, Robert (28 October 2010). "Tycoon's Two Girlfriends Seek $1.4 Billion Of AIA Shares". Forbes. Retrieved 21 June 2013.