|Joseph Peter Lopinto, III|
|Louisiana State Representative from District 80 (Jefferson Parish)|
January 14, 2008
|Preceded by||Charles D. Lancaster, Jr.|
|Residence||Metairie, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana|
|Alma mater||Loyola University
Joseph Peter Lopinto, III, known as Joe Lopinto (born 1976), is an attorney from Metairie, Louisiana, who is a Republican member of the Louisiana House of Representatives from District 80 in suburban Jefferson Parish outside New Orleans.
Lopinto was elected to the legislature in 2007 to succeed the term-limited Republican Charles D. Lancaster, Jr., whose initial service had dated to 1972-1976 and again from 1980-2008. In the nonpartisan blanket primary, Lopinto defeated fellow Republican Glenn Lee, 6,170 (58.6 percent) to 4,357 (41.4 percent).
He is the vice chair of the House Commerce Committee and a member as well of Administration of Criminal Justice. In 2010, Lopinto supported the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry 88 percent of the time and the Louisiana Family Forum 100 percent. In 2009, he was ranked 100 percent by the Louisiana Right to Life Federation.
- "Rep. Joseph Lopinto". congress.org. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Louisiana primary election returns, October 20, 2007". staticresults.sos.la.gov. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Rep. Joseph P. Lopinto". house.louisiana. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Rep. Joseph P. Lopinto, III". votesmart.org. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- State of Louisiana, Primary election returns, October 22, 2011
|Louisiana House of Representatives|
Charles D. Lancaster, Jr.
|Louisiana State Representative from District 80 (Jefferson Parish)
Joseph Peter Lopinto, III