||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (June 2007)|
The Bronx, New York, U.S.
Joseph Perrino (born 1982) is an American actor.
Perrino was born and raised in the Bronx, New York to Italian parents and began acting when a casting director for the film Sleepers saw him standing on a street corner and asked him to read for the film. After months of auditioning Perrino won one of the lead roles of young Lorenzo "Shakes" Carcaterra. He went on to work with respected young talents such as Anna Paquin in A Walk on the Moon, playing her love interest. He also starred with Elijah Wood in The Bumblebee Flies Anyway, playing Mazzo, an embittered young man struggling with terminal cancer.
After a break from acting Perrino returned to land 5 episodes of the hit show The Sopranos, playing Jason Gervasi, a young gangster. He described the experience working on the show as being "amazingly satisfying". In 2008 he appeared in the direct-to-DVD dark comedy Assassination of a High School President with Bruce Willis, where he played Dutch Middleton, an oddball delinquent in his latest film appearance.
- 1996: The Juror
- 1996: Sleepers (as young Lorenzo "Shakes" Carcaterra)
- 1997: Homicide: Life on the street (TV episode)
- 1998: The Mighty
- 1999: A Walk on the Moon
- 1999: The Bumblebee Flies Anyway
- 2006: The Immaculate Misconception
- 2007: The Sopranos (5 TV episodes)
- 2007: The Hit (as Little Tony)
- 2008: Assassination of a High School President (as Dutch Middleton)
- 2010: Law & Order (as PO Jack Mckenzie)
Awards and nominations 
- 1997: Nominated, "Best Performance in a Feature Film by a Leading Young Actor" - Sleepers
- 1997: Nominated, "Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Drama Film" - Sleepers
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|