Joseph R. Stromberg
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (November 2013)|
Education and career
Stromberg received B.A. and M.A. degrees from Florida Atlantic University. He received a Weaver Fellowship student grant from the Intercollegiate Studies Institute. He was an adjunct scholar of the Center for Libertarian Studies, and he held the JoAnn Rothbard Chair in History at the Ludwig von Mises Institute. His interests include United States foreign policy, and the "War on Terrorism". His writings have appeared in Antiwar.com as well as The Freeman, Telos, Journal of Libertarian Studies, Reason, Rockford Institute Chronicles, Freedom Daily and First Principles.
- Chapter 1, "Non-Interventionism and Revolution: Opponents of the Modern American Empire", in Robert Higgs and Carl P. Close (Editors), Opposing the Crusader State: Alternatives to Global Interventionism, Independent Institute, 2007, ISBN 978-1598130133
- Chapter 6, “Mercenaries, Guerrillas, Militias, and the Defense of Minimal States and Free Societies", in Hans-Hermann Hoppe (Editor), The Myth of National Defense: Essays on the Theory and History of Security Production, Ludwig von Mises Institute, 2003, ISBN 1610163826
- Chapter 6, "Republicanism, Federalism, and Secession in the South 1790-1865", in David Gordon (Editor), Secession, State, and Liberty, Transaction Publishers, 2002, ISBN 1412833833
- Chapter 8, "The Spanish-American War as Trial Run, or Empire as its Own Justification", in John V. Denson (Editor), The Costs of War: America's Pyrrhic Victories, Transaction Publishers, 1997, ISBN 1412820464
- Joseph R. Stromberg, Storm Warning: Are Left and Right Obsolete?, Whole Earth Catalogue, Summer 2000
- “Toward an Autopsy of the Marxist Theory of the State”. Telos 119 (Spring 2001). New York: Telos Press ISSN 0090-6514.
- Joseph R. Stromberg fellow page at Independent Institute website, accessed November 9, 2013
- Weaver Fellowship grants, Intercollegiate Studies Institute website.
- Joseph R. Stromberg bio at Intercollegiate Studies Institute website, accessed December 8, 2013.
- John V. Denson, The Costs of War: America's Pyrrhic Victories, Transaction Publishers, 1997, p. 433, ISBN 1412820464
- Joseph R. Stromberg, Reconstruction, First Principles, December 3, 2010.
- Stromberg's articles at antiwar.com
- Archive of Stromberg's articles at lewrockwell.com
- Stromberg's articles at the Independent Institute
- Stromberg's articles at The Freeman
- Stromberg's articles at the Ludwig von Mises Institute
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|