Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust
The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust (JRCT) is a philanthropic grant making trust that chiefly supports work undertaken in the UK and Ireland, and previously in South Africa as well. It is one of four trusts set up by Joseph Rowntree in 1904.
The JRCT states:
- We are an independent, progressive organisation committed to funding radical change towards a better world.
- The JRCT makes grants to individuals and to projects seeking the creation of a peaceful world, political equality and social justice.
In 2005 the trust launched a scheme with the aim of supporting six applicants full-time to carry out their personal missions as "Visionaries for a Just and Peaceful World". Seven people were chosen, with two sharing an award.
- Bassey, Amardeep (2014-03-09). "Charity defends decision to keep funding group fronted by terror suspect Moazzam Begg". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- Barrett, David; Mendick, Robert (2014-03-01). "Mainstream charities have donated thousands to Islamic group fronted by terror suspect". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- "Grant Search Results". Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust. Archived from the original on 2014-03-11. Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- JRCT website
- JRCT Visionaries website
- Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, Registered Charity no. 210037 at the Charity Commission
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|