Joseph Schildkraut Presents
|Joseph Schildkraut Presents|
|Directed by||Barry Shear
|Starring||Joseph Schildkraut (host and performer)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original run||October 28, 1953 – January 21, 1954|
The series aired from October 28, 1953 to January 21, 1954. The series originally aired Wednesdays at 8:30pm ET, and moved to Thursdays at 8pm ET for the last three airdates, January 7, 14, and 21. The original contract with DuMont called for 26 episodes, with Schildkraut hosting all 26, and acting in 14 episodes. The series was cancelled after 13 episodes had aired.
This series is often confused with Personal Appearance Theatre which aired on ABC in the 1951-52 season and on which Schildkraut was also featured. The UCLA Film and Television Archive has some episodes of this earlier series.
The UCLA Film and Television Archive lists seven episodes in its collection. However, only one (November 18, 1953) is from the DuMont series. The others are from the earlier ABC series Personal Appearance Theatre (1951-52), which also starred Schildkraut, and which may have also aired on DuMont stations.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1953-54 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
- Joseph Schildkraut Presents at IMDB
- Joseph Schildkraut Presents at CTVA
- Personal Appearance Theatre at IMDB
- DuMont historical website
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|