Josephine C. Reyes
|Born||Josephine Sumulong Cojuangco
November 26, 1927
|Died||July 26, 2011
|Other names||Josephine Cojuangco-Reyes|
|Known for||sister of former President Corazon Aquino and served as the seventh president of the Far Eastern University|
Josephine Sumulong Cojuangco-Reyes (November 26, 1927 – July 26, 2011) was a Filipino educator. She served as the seventh president of the Far Eastern University in the City of Manila, Philippines from 1985 to 1989. She also served as the Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Far Eastern University - Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation.
Education and family background
She was married to Nicanor Reyes, Jr., who also used to be president of FEU. She was the elder sister of former Philippine President Corazon Aquino and Tarlac Representative Jose Cojuangco, Jr.. Her nephew, Benigno Aquino III was elected President of the Philippines in 2010. She was the daughter of the late Jose C. Cojuangco, Sr. of Tarlac and the late Demetria Sumulong of Antipolo, Rizal. She is the grandmother of Bianca Reyes, currently known as Sophie Albert.
- Director and Vice-president, Central Azucarera de Tarlac
- President, Luisita Realty Corporation
Her sister Corazon Aquino died of cardiorespiratory arrest on August 1, 2009.
Cojuangco-Reyes died on 26 July 2011, shortly after collapsing following her eulogy during the funeral of her elder brother Pedro.
- Willard Cheng (2011-07-26). "PNoy's aunt dies during uncle's burial". ABS-CBN News Online.
- Far Eastern University - Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation Official Website
- Far Eastern University - School of Medicine Alumni Foundation Official Website